Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
30-06-2024, 06:42 AM   #1

Sunday early evening and I'm back.

Good evening Pamela and Shelley,
Not sure if you will remember me, but I'm Maggie !!! I am so sorry that I just "disappeared "from the forum but rest assured, I had not forgotten about you. I will email you both privately and let you know what I've been up to - don't want to say much on a public forum. Just give me a couple of days to get up enough courage to do . I have been unwell, and everything sort of came to a head a few weeks ago, and I did something that was totally horrible, and so unlike me. I can't go back and change it unfortunately. At least I am OK now and my medication seems to be helping at long last. Please know, Pamela and Shelley, that I would always get in touch with you - I would never just disappear. You both mean far too much to me to let that happen. Anyway, I'll tell you both more later.

I've just got home from Brenna's, after staying out there for a week. It's now 4:30pm on Sunday night and I'm here on my own as Janna is working, covering a medical conference until 1pm tomorrow morning. It's the first time 'I've been on my own for a few weeks, but I'm ready for it. Brenna is ringing me throughout the evening anyway.Oren wanted to stay with me, but I really just wanted to be on my own and go onto the Catsey forum.

.My knee is now pretty good and doesn't' cause me too much pain anymore. The other knee is getting worse and I have an appointment with my surgeon on 18th July. I still don't want it operated on yet as I think it's too soon after the first one, so I'm going to tell him that. I feel I'm not 100% confident of the operated knee yet.

We've been having lots of quakes here over the last week., especially at night. Hope we don't get one tonight. My sister ,Peter and Becca are going out for a meal tonight to celebrate her birthday, which is on Tuesday. I could have joined them but didn't want to. I'm going to have one of Brenna's frozen meals - sweet and sour pork I think. I've still got lots left in the freezer to use. Might give some to my sister. as I really can cook now and it will do me good to take my mind off my worries for a bit.

I'm going to go shopping on Tuesday as our larder is sadly depleted, and may also call in at the hairdressers and get my hair cut. Cats are all OK,Betsey May is very wary of me, but I'll just gentle her along for a bit and hope that she'll forgive me. Snoddy missed me terribly, especially at night and Janna said he wouldn't settle. He was thrilled to see me back home and started purring away like crazy. He's waiting on my bed for me to join him now !!! Little does he know that we have a long night ahead of us - I'll wait up until Janna comes home.

Oh yes, Brenna is off to Mangaia on the 5th July ,for a week and a half. Mangaia is a tiny remote island , 40 minutes flying time from Raratonga. She'll fly to Auckland ,then catch a flight to Raratonga, then take a tiny 4 seater plane to the island. She's doing voluntary work there. There's no shops, hotels or motels on this island of only 500 people and she's being billeted with a family whom she knows nothing about. I wish she was going with someone else, but no - it's just her alone. Honestly I worry about her sometimes !!! AND she's having trouble with a wisdom tooth which she has to get out in August. She's hoping it won't flare up while she's over there, because there's no medical facilities. I know Jared isn't keen on her going either, but she just doesn't listen. Brenna's always been very strong willed - she once tore all her clothes off in the supermarket - mind you she was only 3 at the time and was screaming at me to buy her an easter egg.

PAMELA, I knew that Robyn was getting spayed and was praying for her quick recovery. She sounds really good now and I'm so pleased. I know you must have been so worried about her, but that's all over for her now. Now you've got wee Skye to concentrate on. It's a pity she needs those teeth removed. I know you've got a good vet and I do hope that everything goes smoothly for her, as I'm sure it will, but we always worry anyway, especially when they get a bit older. That's why I don't let my vet shave Snoddy. It sounds as if you both had a lovely week off work, Pamela. That brewery tour with your dad sounds like fun AND that garden of your sounds amazing. I hope you and Steven are enjoying sitting out there in the nice evenings now. I'm glad you were able to save the pigeon's life too - what a lucky bird to come across you. I hope that you're having a relaxing weekend after your hard week at work - there's always a lot to catch up on when you've been away.

SHELLEY, I thought of you going to Scotland to the van, Shelley and I hoped that you were having a peaceful, relaxing time there. It certainly sounds as if you had just that and I bet you went on some lovely walks and visited all your favourite haunts. I hope the pups enjoyed it as well. it's always hard coming home again, I know, but it won't be long before it's Christmas and no doubt you'll be back there again. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Culzean Castle. We have nothing like that here. Are you looking forward to moving back into your original work premises again Shelley? I suppose you have now got used to the other ones, but at least it will be good to have more space again. I hope you enjoyed your recent doll fair in Surrey and found some good bargains. Oh yes Shelley, My marked Bible Study was waiting for me here when I got home today and yay - I got 100%. Your answer to that irritating question was spot on. Thanks so much. Hope your dad and Jet are well.

Well ladies, I'm off to heat up my meal now. I hope you both have a good Sunday and that you get some good weather. I guess it's your summer now, because it's winter here and it's really cold at night. Janna told me that the front conservatory has been leaking again when it rains, but I'm just not letting it stress me. I'll get someone round to look at it again when I feel ready.

Expect an email from me in a couple of days. It's been wonderful chatting to my two friends again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-06-2024, 08:47 AM   #2

Re: Sunday early evening and I'm back.

Good morning ladies,

Dinky SOOOOO glad to see you posting again!! Sorry to hear that things have been hard for you but glad to hear you are doing better. We know you wouldnt disappear but we both worry when any of us arent around for a good while. Please dont feel that you need to explain anything either. Thats a late night for Janna to be working. What time will she be home?

I bet Snoddy missed you when you were at Brennas!! Im sure Betsy Mae will come round, she will just have missed you. That sounds like some trip that Brenna is going to be doing, brave going to stay with an unknown family but im sure she will be fine and the week and a half will fly by!

A trip to the hairdressers sounds good! a wee pamper session is always good!! I really need to get my hair done as well and dyed as the grey is starting to creep through again!!

Not much planned for today, we are going to strip one of my filters in the pond and see if we can get it working as i really dont want to have to pay out £150 for a new one if i dont have to. The smaller filter i have running alongside the other one is great but i have 2 new rescued additions in the pond and they are quite big so the smaller filter on its own may struggle to cope. I also need to go over and see my dad as he had laser eye surgery on both his eyes on Tuesday. He was given the all clear to drive the following day!We also need to go see Stevens folks as we didnt do that yesterday.

Shelley, how are you? Hope everything is good with you and your loved ones.

Have a lovely sunday ladies, Maggie, so nice to see you back

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-06-2024, 08:20 PM   #3

Re: Sunday early evening and I'm back.

Just wanted to update, I took Robyn to the local dog friendly pub tonight for a bit of training as I want to be able to take her places with us. Mia is absolutely fine in places like that.

I let the staff know it was her first time doing something like this and they were great. Gave me water for Robyn, chatted to me and were amazing when she gave off the odd bark when she heard noises. Soo proud of Robyn tonight she did great. Got the confidence to take her again for training and hopefully get her to settle and not bark. She was pretty chilled tonight and taking treats from me and letting people come up and say hi ��