Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
06-07-2024, 07:35 AM   #1

Sunny Saturday.

Good morning ladies. It's just after 5:30pm here on Saturday night and quite dark outside already. It's also really cold now, although the sun did come out this afternoon and it was beautiful. I opened all the front windows and main door and the conservatory is starting to dry out a bit. It's meant to be fine tomorrow as well so will do the same. Hopefully I can get Declan round again to clean out the guttering. The last time he did it, the leaking stopped. The roofing guy replaced some tiles on the roof, so perhaps it is a guttering problem. This leaking only started after EQC did earthquake repairs on the house. Anyway, I'm not going to stress over it.

Brenna will now be in Mangaia - I know she flew there this morning. Haven't heard anything from her, but not certain if they have cell phone coverage there or not. Janna isn't working tonight so we'll watch a DVD together later on. My sister had a great birthday on 2nd, and was going to come down tonight and get her presents as she was working on her actual birthday. but unfortunately her husband now has covid AGAIN and so she doesn't want to come near anyone in case she has it too. There's just so much covid here at the moment.

I had a good day doing not much except washing and cleaning the bathroom. Honestly my bathroom gets so messy. The cats lay in the back conservatory all day ,as it's nice and warm out there. They're happy ,as Janna went to Animates this morning and bought them a big bag of Royal Canin biscuits - I got sent a $30 discount voucher as I have been an Animates customer for 10 years, so I was happy too.

Satay chicken on rice with veges for tea tonight - it's one of my frozen meals from Brenna and it's a yummy one. Janna will have one too. it does save me cooking but gosh, I am getting lazy.

PAMELA,congratulations to Mia as demo dog at training. You must be so very proud. How was Robyn's new class last night? I bet it went well. I'm sorry wee Skye stays upstairs but at least she's safe up there and you know where she is. I remember when you lost her before and it must have been so worrying . So your robin family have now gone and you can reclaim your BBQ. I wonder if the wee robins will nest in there again? You'll have to watch out for them. I don't blame you not wanting rats in your garden. Yes, they will go for the bird seed, as I've seen them here., but not for ages now, as my cats patrol around the fence line and the rats can smell them. How's your Lisa Jewell book coming along? I've read her book, The Family Upstairs ,a while ago, and enjoyed it. Normally her books are easy to read, but maybe the one you're reading isn't for you. The book I'm reading at the moment is Who Killed Scott Guy - about a murder case here in NZ a few years back. Scott Guy's brother in law was arrested but later released and the case remains unsolved. Oh yes, scrubbies are small knitted dish cloth type thingies made from rough nylon wool. I use them as dish cloths and bench wipes and they're good coz they don't smell and you just chuck them in the washing machine. They last for years and are gentle on pots and pans and dishes. I'll knit you and Shelley a few and send them with the calendars of Harry the Hospital cat.

SHELLEY, sorry, I thought you would have been back in your original premises by now, but at least you have it to look forward to. It sounds as if you are going to have some time off in a couple of weeks . How lovely.Do you plan to go back to the van? You seem to be having a very busy time with your dolls at the moment. I bet you enjoyed that doll festival weekend in Surrey and I hope that your doll club meeting today goes well. Do you still have the wild birds coming to your garden? We still have the magpie and the big sea gulls, but nothing exotic. I don't know if I told you or not, but quite a while ago, I picked up a baby doll from the "Freebie Bin" and i was planning to reborn her. , but the paints were very expensive. I dug her out of the cupboard yesterday and she's a Berenger, so well worth reborning. I'm actually going to do so, but will wait until the summer and then buy some Genesis paints. I think she'll come up nicely, especially if i micro- root some hair on her.

Well ladies, I'm off now to heat up my meal

Have a great Saturday, Pamela and Shelley and enjoy your weekend. i Hope it keeps fine for you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
06-07-2024, 11:42 AM   #2

Re: Sunny Saturday.

Hi Dinky and Shelley,

Its currently dry/bright here but the forecast is for rain. Not sure what the plan is for today, we have had the girls out for a big walk this morning then we have been and got a breakfast roll. Back home and trying to decide what to do!! The motorbike racing is on so may stay in and watch some of that.

Dinky, i hope you get your gutters cleared and it stops teh leak. I tried several times to get someone to come and clean my gutters and everytime they never bothered turning up and one of my friends is currently having the same issue! Sounds like you and Janna have a lovely night planned, i do hope you enjoy your DVD, what are you thinking of watching? Did you enjoy yoru chicken kebabs?

Scrubbies sound as if they would be very useful in the kitchen!! Thats great you got such a big discount voucher for the store, will certainly help with teh food for the kitties!

Shelley, i hope you have a lovely day at your doll meet up it must be a great interest/hobby and getting to meet lots of people. We have quite a few dolls in my dads loft that belonged to my aunt. Not sure what to do with them as we will never have them out on display. Do you have any ideas?

Have a lovely Saturday ladies