Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
04-07-2024, 06:38 AM   #1

Sunny Thursday.

Good morning ladies,
Thursday just after 5pm here and it's starting to get cold again, although the sun shone today . last night was very cold, one of the coldest nights we've had evidently. At least it's no longer raining and i think it's going to be OK tomorrow. I'm going to have to dry out the front conservatory as the carpet is still soaking wet. The wee fan heater doesn't do much good. If i can tomorrow, I'll open the front door and all the windows and just leave the security door locked. At least some air will get in and maybe start the drying process.

I had an appointment with my counsellor this afternoon and things are slowly improving. Brenna leaves for Raratonga tomorrow morning early, then on to Mangaia Saturday morning in that tiny plane.I hope all goes well for her.

My poor wee wild birds are starving. We're giving them 5 feeds a day now. Enzo the magpie and the seagulls always come as well. Janna buys them bird feeders from the butcher shop and they devour them so fast. They go through about 3 feeders a day plus bread and wild bird seed.It costs poor Janna a small fortune.

Janna bought chinese takeout meals for tea tonight ,but I'm going to have chicken kebabs that were left over from last night. I hate wasting food when so many people go hungry.

PAMELA, how are the wee robins that were nesting in your BBQ? Have they all flown away now or are they still around? I know you were feeding them. Mia and Robyn will be enjoying their walks in the warmer weather you've been having, I'm sure. Even wee Skye will probably venture outside more now. Thank goodness she's not a wanderer. The wee cat that my sister rescued from her work has settled in well but doesn't go outside much as loud noises spook her. Hopefully she'll continue to stay close to home permanently. I guess you'll be looking forward to the weekend. Not long to go now.

SHELLEY, how's things with you? Have you moved into your original work premises yet? That will be a big job but it will be good when it's all done. I suppose you've got a few doll fairs coming up ,now that summer is there. I hope you find some exciting dolls and teddies there, all at bargain prices of course !!! The pups will be enjoying the warmer weather as well.

Well ladies, I'm off to sort out my tea. Hope both your respective dads are doing OK and enjoying life.

Have a great Thursday, Pamela and Shelley and don't work too hard.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
04-07-2024, 07:11 AM   #2

Re: Sunny Thursday.

Good morning dinky,

Sounds like you have very spoiled birds in your garden!! Glad you had a good session with your counsellor. Are you pleased the weather is cooling down? I better cats prefer the cooler weather. I hope Brenna has a good trip even though it’s for work!!

I’m just on the train heading to work so thought I would post a reply. The birds in my BBQ flew away a while ago now. The Robins still seem to be nesting close by in my neighbours garden though but one of their family members is feeding them. I’ve stopped filling my feeders as we hat a rat run through my garden and the feeders can attract them. Last thing I want is a rat running about but we are close to the railway station so they probably come from there.

I had Mia out trailing last night and she was the demo dog as we were the most experienced team there and she was amazing as always! Robyn has her new class starting on Friday so wanted to do something with Mia.

Skye doesn’t come downstairs anymore as Robyn just wants to play with her like she did Harris but Skye isn’t interested. She doesn’t go outside now at all and hasn’t done since she went missing for 4 days 2 yr ago.

It’s voting day here today so Steven and I will go to the local primary school when he comes in from work to put in our vote.

Shelley how are you enjoying being back in your original building? Has there been much done to it?

Have a lovely day ladies, dinky enjoy your dinner ��

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-07-2024, 12:47 PM   #3

Re: Sunny Thursday.

Hello ladies, so pleased you are back dinky.
Im at work today, still in temporary premises, we move back in 2 weeks, just as i finish for summer.
Life has been very exciting doll wise.
I went to surrwy, then a doll festival weekend and this Saturday a doll club meeting.
Dad and Jet ok.
Dinky, great that you got 100 % for your bible assignment.
Glad you are feeling a bit better.
Pamela, its good to be able to take dogs into public places, like pubs and cafes.
Our two are quite used to it.