Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
Yesterday, 11:01 PM   #1

Tuesday Daily.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Tuesday morning here and it's cold outside although not raining. Not really a good day for the washing though. I had a physio appointment this afternoon at the hospital but I've cancelled it until next week as I really can't be bothered going all the way out to Burwood. I will go for a gentle walk around the block though, if Janna will come with me. I'm still not steady enough to walk on my own. I couldn't sleep last night. I lay awake for most of the night with Snoddy beside me. I thought I'd sleep better in my own bed but no. Hopefully I'll sleep tonight. It's just that I've got too much going on in my head and i can't seem to get my leg in a comfortable position.

I'm going to get my cats shaved again this year, probably next month when it's warmer. Freddie and betsey are getting matted again, although i could probably get the matts out if they would let me groom them, but they wont. Snoddy is another story though. He literally matts up overnight. I wasn't going to have him shaved again as he was not good for about a week after it was done last time, and his walking isn't good. BUT I think I'm going to have to ask Sophie to shave certain bits of him rather than do a complete overall shave. I know he'll look awful, but that doesn't worry me providing he's comfortable. I'll be right there with him anyway and Sophie will stop if he gets too distressed.

My cousin came round on Sunday and we had a good chat, even though I talk to her every day on the phone.She'd been to a fair earlier that day and bought me a glass pyrex dish with a lid for 50 cents. No chips or cracks anywhere. I had broken my other one by taking it out of the oven and putting it down on a cold surface, so I was thrilled to get this one. Just got to run it through the dish washer to sterilize it now and then I can make a nice casserole ,probably for Saturday night's tea, when my sister will come round.

My Bible study has been sadly neglected of late but I hope to start it up again soon I had nearly finished the lesson - I've only got a few more questions to answer and then it can be sent off. I've still got a bit of Exodus left to do, but then I'll be moving on to one of the New Testament books which hopefully will be a bit easier.

Not sure what to have for tea tonight. Maybe some hot soup if it's going to be a cold night. Damn, it's just started raining now, so I may not be able to go for a walk as I can't fit into a shoe on my bad leg and I can't wear the hospital slipper in the rain.

PAMELA, gosh, zero degrees is chilly Hope you are able to wrap up warmly when you go out. Sorry that your buffet lunch was not as nice as you expected., but at least you know now not to go back there again. I'm glad you are pleased with your new walking boots. yeah, it sounded as if you really needed a new pair. !!! That Halloween display that you do with your neighbour sounds lovely and what a delight for the children. Over here, Halloween isn't such a big thing. I know you go to a lot of trouble. What a shame that this might be your last year of doing it, but i guess if you want to move house, then you can't really continue. You'll be busy enough with house moving anyway.and that will be exciting. I didn't know that you also had a magpie that visits you in the garden. They are magnificent birds, aren't they ? Have you seen the film "Penguin Bloom"? If not, I recommend it Yes, it would be nice to have our own bit on the new website. I guess it pays to ask anyway.

SHELLEY, hopefully you got your dolls all posted away safely. the other day. I bet you're sad to see them go though. I would not be able to look at their faces, but then I'm silly like that !!! I hope it's a bit warmer than zero degrees where you are. although I guess you're now coming into your winter. How is your Bible study going? I suppose you're all up to date with it, unlike me. I'm just so sick of Exodus and can't seem to get off it. Do you have any good doll fairs coming up ? That's always something to look forward to. I know you sometimes go to Midnight Mass at Christmas. This year, I would love to go as well, if i can walk a bit better. by then. I'm quite looking forward to it.

Well ladies, I'll go and walk around the house a bit now. I hope both your dads are well and happy and your pups and cat are braving the cold. My cats hate the cold, but then they don't like the extreme heat much either. You just can't win. with them.

Have a great Tuesday Pamela and Shelley and if at work, please don't work too hard !!!