Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
Yesterday, 11:39 PM   #1

Sunny Monday

Good morning ladies,
Monday morning here and it's a beautiful warm day, meant to get to 22 degrees. I'm on my own today as Janna is working. a day shift for a change. I'm so used to her working nights and it seems strange without her. We've had a worrying time with freddie over the last couple of days. Friday night he was fine but saturday morning ,he wouldn't come out of his room and ended up just lying down all day, not eating or drinking or using his litter box. Sunday morning I got an emergency appointment at the vet clinic for him. He has a very high temperature but the vet couldn't find anything else wrong with him. Blood work didn't show up anything wrong with his kidneys and no sign of diabetes. he was given fluids, pain relief and antibiotics. I've got to give him an antibiotic this afternoon, which I'm not looking forward to, as I don't want to get bitten. Last night, he started eating , drinking and was more alert, even purring when Janna patted him, so I guess that's something. Still hasn't used his litter box, but perhaps today. He's definitely a lot brighter than he was on Saturday - he even jumped on top of betsey last night !!! I got told that he is 9 kgs, which is far too heavy and he needs to lose weight once he is well again, so I'm afraid it's going to be diet food and no more treats for poor Freddie.

Enzo the magpie is back after being dive bombed by the sea gulls the other day. I was so pleased to see him. He was happily pecking away at the bird feeder, so they obviously haven't scared him away permanently.

I'm going to physio on Wednesday now. I hope that the gentle exercises will help a bit. I am walking around the house quite a bit, although I'm not meant to be walking. I don't use a crutch any more, but I do so when I go for a short walk outside. This physio is really nice.

That's great news that there will be a section for Catsey users in the new forum. It's just a pity that it's got to change at all.

PAMELA, sorry you're getting some wild weather at the moment. I don't blame the girls for not wanting to go outside. What a lovely thought to get your neighbour some flowers for her birthday, and a beautiful butterfly. She must have been thrilled. I didn't know you were learning the guitar, Pamela. What style are you learning ? I hope you had a beautiful lunch yesterday to celebrate your mum's and dad's birthdays. It was good that you could take your dad out yesterday, not only for him but for you too. I hope it made the day a little easier for you and your sister. Birthdays are never easy for some. It sounds as if you've had a very busy week at work and are heading for another busy time this week. I do hope you get to Birmingham though. As you say, it's always nice to get a break.

SHELLEY, I'm so pleased that you are now at the van in Scotland again. I know how you love it there. Did Christopher go as well? Let's hope you manage to get a bit of decent weather while you're there. That chinese buffet last week sounds yummy. We have a great chinese take out place down by our local mall and now you've put the idea into my head, I think Janna and I will have something from there for our tea tonight. Gosh, I can taste it now. I'm pleased that your dad and Pamela's dad are doing well and enjoying life. I hope that your dad and jet had a lovely time in Devon recently. It seems funny for people to take their dogs on holiday with them .here in new Zealand, that's not the norm and most places won't accept animals.

Well ladies, I gotta move from this horrid chair now and go finish a few dishes. Pamela ,enjoy your week at work and Shelley, have fun this week in Scotland Hopefully the weather improves for you both.

Love to all fur babies as well.