Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
01-07-2024, 06:11 AM   #1

Cold Monday

Good morning ladies,
Monday 4:35pm here and it's been a cold, dark day. It's just starting to rain quite heavily as well. Our front conservatory carpet is soaking wet but I'm not worried. I've put the little fan heater out there to dry it and get rid of some of the moisture. Janna has just left for work - she's working through until 1am tomorrow morning again tonight, but she will ring me during her breaks. Brenna is also going to ring me throughout the evening. I was fine last night on my own and I'll be fine tonight. I've got plenty to do- a new Bible study to start and I can always watch a .DVD. I actually knitted 3 wee scrubbies last night for my sister. She's always borrowing mine, so I made them for her birthday tomorrow - gosh, I'll have to wrap them up tonight as well, although I probably won't see her tomorrow as she'll be working . I haven't wrapped up her other presents either, so will have to get on to that tonight.I really hate wrapping up presents.

I haven't done anything much today, just stayed home and talked to the cats and read my book. I can't read it tonight though, as it's too scary.

I'm just going to have another frozen meal tonight for tea ,as I'm on my own. Janna will get a meal at work. Anyway, I'll buy plenty of food tomorrow at the supermarket.

PAMELA, I didn't realise that filters for your pond are so expensive. I hope you managed to get your other one working . Did you manage to see Steven's folks and your dad yesterday? I bet Steven's parents had a lovely time travelling around France. AND your dad with his lazer surgery last week. Fancy being OK to drive just a day after it. I hope it was a success.You must be so proud of young Robyn and her behaviour last night at the pub. Scotland seems to be a very dog friendly country, unlike New Zealand. Here, you would not see a dog at a pub, unless it was a service dog. Dogs in general are kept away from shopping centres and public venues. Thank goodness you ended up with Robyn, Pamela. I hate to think what would have happened to her if you hadn't seen her. and made her part of your family. BTW, on a totally different note, what colour were Harrls's eyes? I was looking at a photo you sent me of him, but his eyes were nearly closed and I don't know if they were green or yellow.

SHELLEY, I hope all is well with you and your family and you had a good weekend. I hope that your dad ,the pups and Jett are all doing well and enjoying your summer weather.

Well ladies, I'm off now to see what's on TV tonight. Hopefully something I can watch. that's not scary.

Have a good week, Pamela and Shelley and don't work too hard.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-07-2024, 07:08 AM   #2

Re: Cold Monday

Morning Dinky,

That's rubbish that your conservatory is leaking again. Hopefully it wont be too expensive to get it fixed again. Glad to hear you were fine on your own whilst Janna was at work. Glad Brenna and Janna are giving you calls just to check you are ok.

What are scrubbies? I have never heard of them but if your sister keeps borrowing yours then im sure she will love the ones you have made for her. What book are you reading? Im reading another one by Lisa Jewell who is normally really good but cant quite get into this one. I will keep going with it though.

Harris eyes were a pure green, when we got him, we did our research on him as he looked very much like a British Bombay and had all the character traits except for his eyes! Their eyes are yellow but his were very green.

Im just checking in before heading to work and its raining here too. Early walk with the girls as i am in the office today so the dog walker will be into see to them later and take them for a walk.

We didnt go and visit yesterday, it was one of those days where we did not a lot which is why i decided to take Robyn out later and do a bit of training. I was really proud of her, will keep taking her to get her used to it and she starts her new training classes on Friday. Its with a girl i used to take Mia to and the training is in her house as she has a training room set up so will be good practice to try and teach Robyn not to bark indoors if she hears a noise.

Steven also got my filter working for me ��

Have a lovely day ladies