Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
15-07-2024, 05:54 AM   #1

Rainy Monday

Good morning ladies,
Monday just after 4pm here and it's been raining for the past few days although it's not been freezing. We've been having a terrible time with leaking in the front conservatory and I've got buckets all over the place catching the drips. I've also got a big waterproof brolly sheet down on the floor to stop the carpet from getting wet (or should I say wetter, as it's already saturated.) I'm not getting in a panic over it though and have managed to keep my cool, although it makes me mad because the roofer said he had fixed the problem. Yeah, right!!!.. The leaking only started when EQC repairers removed the whole conservatory to undertake repairs on the house a few years back and obviously haven't joined it on properly again. There's a lot of people complaining about the shoddy EQC repairs unfortunately. I'm just letting it go for now, as I find builders quite intimidating to deal with and I'm trying not to get angry.

I've spent a couple of days out at Brenna's ,as Oren was being difficult and Jared was beginning to despair. The child is fine with me. My counsellor was not keen on me caring for him, but I had a great time. I didn't bring him back here with me, although he badly wanted to come, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. My medication is helping though and I'm a lot less angry than I was. Hopefully I can have Oren back here in a few weeks.

My sister came down here for tea on Saturday night and we watched a couple of episodes of Wycliffe. She also took her birthday presents home . Her husband still hasn't recovered totally from covid and now has sinus trouble. Mary, my sister rang this morning to say she wasn't going in to work today as she now isn't feeling well. I just hope she hasn't given me covid, as I have to go to the hospital on Thursday to see the surgeon again. She assures me that she was feeling fine on Saturday.

I'm going to head down to the mall tomorrow and do some shopping with Janna. Don't need much as we've got plenty of food. I just can't seem to find the incentive to cook anything. Those frozen meals that Brenna got me are certainly handy but they really make me lazy.

Cats are all OK, but won't go outside in the rain. They sit by the back door, looking out with miserable looking faces on them. The wee wild birds are starving and Janna gives them lots of feeds a day., as well as bird seed and wild bird logs.(which the seagulls adore).

I lost my Willow on the 18th of this month and I'm pleased that I have a hospital appointment on that day, otherwise i think I would just spend the day crying. I'm better to try and focus on something else. I'm seeing my counsellor on 17th anyway and we will talk about it.

We're just going to have toasted sandwiches for tea tonight - yeah, I think I'll actually be able to put them under the grill. I've already made them - cheese and onion and egg. Will probably have some stewed apples for dessert.

PAMELA,congratulations on getting your project accreditation last week. You should be very proud. What a pity you couldn't find any kennels to take the girls in September, but I think it would be even better to take them both with you anyway. The Lake District or somewhere in Wales sounds wonderful. I hope you find the perfect place. You'll all have a ball together. How long will you be away for? Sorry you felt that your dinner wasn't very nice. I'm sure it was fine - you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. My bathroom colours are black and white, so I am going to get some colourful accessories to lighten it up a bit - maybe red. I'm not very good at picking colours. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Hope your dad is continuing to do well

SHELLEY,I hope everything is OK with you and yours. How are all your doll fairs going ? I suppose you're now back in your new work premises and enjoying the new surroundings. I hope your dad and wee Jett are doing just fine. You and Pamela will both be enjoying your summer weather now. I think sunshine always helps to lift the spirits. It's always a bit depressing when the sky is dark and gloomy and rain is pouring down.

Well ladies, I'm off now to see about those toasted sandwiches. I hope you both had a good weekend and are looking forward to this week.

Have a great Monday Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
15-07-2024, 07:37 AM   #2

Re: Rainy Monday

Good morning dinky,

Sorry to hear your conservatory is leaking again. The shoddy work sounds like our council to be honest!! Took them 7month to fix my garage roof!! Sounds like you had a lovely time at Brennas. You are right to not have Oren just now until you feel ready. It’s funny how children can be so good with other family members other than their parents. My nephew was the same when he was young and he has ADHD. I used to have no issues with him when I had them. Steven and I bc are quite lazy when cooking as well and we don’t have frozen meals as an excuse!! I think being busy on the anniversary is always a good thing. Helps take your mind off of things but Willow will be in your thoughts as she always is.

We had a lovely weekend. Went to see kennels we were told about and they were brilliant! Once the girls are in the grounds they just got to run around around whilst we were shown about as it is completely secure from as soon as the gate is shut. Robyn was going zoomies constantly!! We have booked them in this Saturday for the night as a taster and I have sent the kennels my dates for September as they are available and we have booked a holiday to Tenerife!! Really looking forward to it especially as I know the girls will be well looked after. Just need to start the beach body diet now!!!

I am heading to the office this morning and then home at lunchtime as the dog walker is on holiday this week so I should be working from home but I need to go in and pick something up and oversee new starters we will be helping out in another area. Will be at home the rest of the week though

Shelley how are you? Did you have a nice weekend?