Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-07-2024, 04:17 AM   #1

Freezing cold and rainy Monday..

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Monday nearly 2:30pm here and it's blowing a gale outside and very, very cold. It's also raining on and off and meant to be heavy rain tonight, so will have to make sure I've put the waterproof sheeting in the front conservatory and have buckets ready. The carpet out there is still wet and I certainly can't get it dry in this weather. My hospital pre-admission appointment last Thursday went well - just had to answer heaps of questions as well as have blood tests and x-rays again. The whole thing took around 3 hours. After that I walked down to the river where I used to walk Willow and just sat on a seat there, thinking about her. I was OK though. I've finally come to the realization that I was right to let her go when I did, even though it was the hardest thing I had ever had to do. I know you both will understand that feeling. I'm now only seeing my counsellor once a week as the medication I'm on is helping me feel a lot less angry. I am also seeing my psychiatrist once a month and he reviews the medication then.. I'm actually starting to feel normal again and I'm determined not to let everything get on top of me again.

I've decided to get all the bushes out the front of the house cut right back. They make the house very dark and cold. I found a small patch of black mould in the cats room and managed to get rid of it, but cutting back those bushes will help air the room out a bit.

Brenna came back from Mangaia in one piece but is now up in a clinic in the North Island. I haven't had a chance to find out how she liked her time on the wee island yet but at least she's alive after that scary plane ride.

My sister and brother in law feel a lot better now after another bout with covid ,but Mary is not coming down here for another week at least ,as she's still coughing a lot. I'm just pleased I didn't catch it from her, as I wouldn't have been able to make my hospital appointment if I had been unwell.

Cats are all OK. I de-flead them last week and they weren't happy.as they don't like the smell. They must be cold, as they're all lying here in the lounge with me, apart from Snoddy who is sleeping on my bed.

Chicken kebabs for tea again tonight and I'll do a pasta with lots of veges as well. Janna is at work until 5pm tonight, so she'll enjoy it when she gets home.

PAMELA,how great that you did manage to find some good boarding kennels for the girls. They sound brilliant and I'm sure the girls will have a great wee holiday of their own there. Wow, you've booked for Tenerife in September. You'll so be looking forward to that. You'll have a fantastic time there, I know and you'll come back all tanned. !!! It's good that you don't have to put Skye into a cattery as well, as cats normally are terrified. She'll be much happier at home with a neighbour keeping an eye on her, and you'll be able to enjoy your time away without worrying about your girls. How did the girls go at the kennels at the weekend? I hope they had a ball. Did you manage to get your kitchen door painted while they were away ? I hope your dad is continuing to do well. Have a good week back at work, my friend.

SHELLEY, I seem to recall that you were going back to the van some time this month, but not sure whether you are there yet or not. I hope that you are having/will have a peaceful, relaxing time there anyway, Shelley. How are all those doll fairs going? I know they keep you busy. I bet you're enjoying being back in your original work premises now, although there's always so much to do when you move back into a building. You must have been very busy.I hope your dad and wee Jet are also continuing to do well., and along with Howard and Chris, are enjoying your good weather. The pups will no doubt be getting some longer walks now, and they'll be happy. You have a good week at work ,my friend.

Well ladies, I'm off now to make up a pasta dish for tea. Nice and easy and a tad boring, I know, but it's something to eat and Janna likes it. Beside it's too cold to cook. Have a great week Pamela and Shelley.