Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
15-08-2024, 06:53 AM   #1

chucking down Thursday

Morning Ladies,

It is pouring here today after a beautiful day yesterday. Been an eventful 24 hours!!

Robyn ate something on the lunch time walk yesterday which is nothing unusual but about an hour and a half later she started getting really wobbly and unsteady on her back legs, was concerned about it and got her to the vets and they think she has eaten Marijuana!! They have had a few dogs in recently displaying the same symptoms. Left her there until around 630pm last night so they could flush her system with fluids. Went to pick her up and she was worse than she was when i dropped her off. She could barely stand or walk, blood tests done which were clear but we ended up having to take her to the vet hospital last night and leave her overnight. She was walking better when we got there but still very unsteady. Needless to say i have hardly slept last night Going to pick her up shortly and hoping for my happy pup again!!! They do like to keep us on our toes!!

Dinky, have you thought any more about your operation? Is it tomorrow if you decide to go ahead? How are you feeling about it?

Shelley how is the weather at the caravan? I hope Malaika is ok. Its a worry when they start getting old and we start to see it. Im not away on holiday until the 4th September but iam off tomorrow and a couple of days next week as well. Ive been told i can have today off if i want it as well but i will see how Robyn is when i pick her up. I also have a lot to do in work today as well so will probably just log on around lunchtime to get back up to date with everything.

Glad to hear your dad and Jet are doing well, i hope they enjoyed their holiday to morecombe

Have a great day ladies!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-08-2024, 08:56 AM   #2

Re: chucking down Thursday

Morning from soggy luce Bay.
Like you Pamela we had a sunny day, yesterday and all managed to swim in the sea. There were quite big waves but it was fun. Enjoying having James and Hannah here.
Yesterday we met my cousin on the beach, they have a big dog and he pulled her over, causing her to fall badly.
She ended up in A and E and has broken a bone in the crook of her arm.
I do hope Robyn is improved today and can come home, poor girl and poor you and Steven. Such a worry.
Good that you can work from home today.
Dinky, also wondering what you have decided about your knee.
Hope you are ok.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
15-08-2024, 11:43 AM   #3

Good evening Pamela and Shelley,
Nice to see you back ,Shelley and thanks for the email Pamela. It's just after 10pm here and yes, I'm going ahead with the surgery tomorrow morning. My surgeon rang me this morning when he knew I was undecided and strongly advised me to go ahead with it. as the recent X-rays revealed that my knee is in really bad shape. I'm going to try and have a few hours sleep now if i can but I promise that I will be back on the forum on Monday when I get out of hospital and let you both know how it went. Jared is going to take me to the hospital again and will wait with me until I am taken to the prep rooms.

I'm so sorry that Malaika and Robyn are not well and I'll be thinking of them both. My Snoddy isn't well either and I took him to the vet on Tuesday. His walking has got worse and his back legs keep giving way. All his bloods came back perfect, as they were last time. so nobody is sure what's going on with him. I will include Malaika and Robyn in my prayers.

Gotta go and pack my bag now then go and lie down with Snoddy for a while. .Gosh, I'm getting nervous just thinking about it.My head's all over the place.

We'll talk later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
15-08-2024, 06:35 PM   #4

Hi Shelley/Dinky,

Sorry to hear about your cousin Shelley i hope she is ok!! I love watching the waves, hoping the sea is choppy at times on the holiday! Hope you have a great time with James and Hannah!

Dinky i am glad that you have decided to go ahead with the operation, please let us know how you are WHEN you feel up to it. I hope Snoddy is ok, Its such a worry when they arent right

Robyn got home today, she is a lot brighter and has wanted to play at times. She has also slept a lot today but she has been through a lot since last night. She has a tube of activated charcoal that she has to get 4 times today every 4 hours. It is horrible!! Its like a black paste and her toilets are black as well! My work have been great. We picked her up at about 830am and i was told not to log on until 1230pm but me being me was on earlier. I don't like feeling like i'm taking advantage as they are soo flexible if i need anything with the pets.

Going to take them for a walk later s Robyn hasn't had a proper walk today except round about at the vets.

Have a lovely weekend, Dinky make sure you get plenty of rest. Im having an early night as had 3 hours sleep last night!! I have a day off tomorrow to get some things done around the house and then date day with my dad on Saturday which i am looking forward to then visit Stevens folks on Sunday!