Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
29-03-2009, 12:54 AM   #91

Re: Bluebell is poorly

Bless her, great to hear she is on the way up!! Has she had a pee?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
29-03-2009, 03:01 AM   #92

So glad shes doing alot better Kelly. Poor little baby, give her a hug off me xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #93

B@stard cruel b@stards.
Kazz is right about people not being able to cope with cats' independence. Have you noticed that cat-hating is generally a sign of low intellegence?
I am always wary of people who say they don't like cats. Sometimes it's fine; they just don't care for cats but are OK people but more often they are flawed people and as well avoided.

The difficult thing for you now S is that whoever it was probably lives near you and could do it again, to Bluebell or another of your cats. Difficult situation. Or does the vet think it could just have been a car or bike? In a way that would be easier to accept, wouldn't it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
29-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Bless her, great to hear she is on the way up!! Has she had a pee?
Oh yes, she has and we had a little celebration when she did at home. The 4 of us sang a song together...."celebrate good times, comes on... Boo-boo did a wee come on" We were dancing around the lounge and Boo-boo was most put out that we were making an issue over her toilet behaviour when she really wanted to do it outside and not be kept in to monitor her in the tray!

So looks like she is back on good form.

It may have been a bike, a car or a nasty fall from a tree. the vet is convinced it was a blunt blow to the area.

I don't know if / who would kick her. We have 17 gardens backing onto ours due to the shape of it, most of them we know & I can't imagine any of them doing anything of the sort, but then I couldnot imagine ANYONE doing that, so you just don't know. What I do know is that if we ever found out who it was my brother-in-law has threatened to make their kidneys sore! And he would too.

I was thinking about it and she isn't nasty to other cats. I know Smudge is a bully and thought if it had been her, maybe it was because she was being a bossy-boots to somoenes cats. But Bluebell doesn't have a nasty bone in her body. She doesn't know what nasty is.

We need to move off from this awful time. I keep thinking about how ill she was last Fri / Sat and the fact that we got the girls to say goodbye to her as we said we may not bring her back. We didn't think there was any hope for her at that point.

We are keeping her in still and she hasn't been out for over a week, but whilst she's on the diazapam she is a bit "high" and clumsy.

We will have her off them by about Tuesday, so maybe she can go out a little then.

We haven't really discussed the options of her going out again, but she loves to & she will, but maybe not all day. She usually goes out at about 5.30am and comes in at about 5.30pm.

We need to start on her hair now! John usually grooms her every day for 10 mins. We haven't been grooming her whilst she's been sick. She has all her abdomen shaved and matted curls from all the ultraound gel, which is only water based, but it's done a good job of mating her coat. So she has little tufts and knots all over. We can make a start on repairing her hair now she is better.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
29-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #95

Smudgley,
Im sooooo pleased that Bluebell is well on the road to recovery.. you must be feeling so relieved after all that you have all been through in the last wee while..
Having a good laugh about the tray monitoring... and the happy dance after a satisfactory contribution to the tray... I was like that with Tinky...i have even been none to take pictures of drops of urine or a suspect poo.. to show the vet.. so bluebell should be pleased she doesn't have me for a mother!!

hugs to you both

Jo George and Harri xoxoxo

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #96

That's wonderful news! I'm so pleased she's pulled through and is improving every day, she's such a poppet..

I'm horrified at the thought that someone may have kicked her, how on earth someone could do that is beyond me. I just hope they get their comeuppance!

Give that special little fluffball a cuddle from me..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
29-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #97

So glad to hear Bluebell is better! Give her a huge cuddle from me please Smudgeley!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
31-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #98

Hi Kelly, just catching up. So glad that Bluebell is better
Horrible to think our babes was the victim of cruelty, turns ya stomach.. Just re-reading my thread about Posh's lily poisoning, you were the first responder and told me to get to a vet stat! thank god, I listened to you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
31-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #99

Great to hear she is recovering and she is using her litter tray.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
31-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #100

Brilliant news that she is so much better! No one wants to know what I think of anyone who would kick a cat!!! Hope she's back to her old self completely very soon xx