Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
08-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #11

Re: Animal Cloning

OMG! That's so weird! That woman's even more crazy than I first thought.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
08-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #12

I do agree with everyone's sentiments that it's sad, almost pitiful My friend recently lost her dog of 15 years and I have been consoling her. I told her he'd had a wonderful life, it was the right thing to put him down before he was in too much pain etc. etc. and she tells me "i know he was happy, but he was unique. i'll never have another dog like him, and that's what makes me sad."

I completely sympathised with that, as when my old cat died when I was 12 I remember thinking how upset i was that I would never seem him again. I love all cats, and all the ones I've had since are so special, but he was entirely unique and nothing could replace it.

It hurts to think that, but also when you get over the pain, it gives you happy memories. She may resent the new puppy and scorn it if it doesn't grow up to be like Booger.

(by the way, does anyone else find booger to be a horrible name! As in, snot?!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #13

OMG! I remember the Mormon sex slave case. I would bet that it's the same woman. Doolally I do believe.

I have to say that I have not made up my mind about cloning per se, and I suppose by using the techniques commercially, the scientists learn a lot. My problem really is where will it stop? These things always seem to present scenarios to prey on the minds of those who are vulnerable due to bereavement - be it of a beloved pet or, dare I say it, a child?

Yes meep, "Booger" is a horrid name - much too much like another word which if I used I am sure would be censored!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
OMG! I remember the Mormon sex slave case. I would bet that it's the same woman. Doolally I do believe.

I have to say that I have not made up my mind about cloning per se, and I suppose by using the techniques commercially, the scientists learn a lot. My problem really is where will it stop? These things always seem to present scenarios to prey on the minds of those who are vulnerable due to bereavement - be it of a beloved pet or, dare I say it, a child?

Yes meep, "Booger" is a horrid name - much too much like another word which if I used I am sure would be censored!
I agree, Angie! And the other "b" word, which doesn't have the same connotation here wouldn't slip past the censor on Catsey...I used it in all innocence in a post a long time back and it got ****ed!! Here " a little

b*****" is like saying "a little imp" or " a little rascal".......

That woman is as crazy as a bedbug!!