Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
18-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #11

Re: Moli...a question

ive always had female cats,toby was the first male cat,and he's lived the longest out them all he's 15,ive had him since he was 4 n half mnths old

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #12

1 boy and 2 girls so far. Hope to redress the balance SOON! (Poor OH is outnumbered 1 to 3 atm)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
18-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #13

I have 1 male dog Zimba, 1 female dog Zara, and of course Maxi whose male and Maisy whose female so I don`t think I have any set prefrence to gender........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
I'm a boy cat/girl dog person too
I'm not sure if they really are that different or whether you just go for what you know or even that it's a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy and because you think that one sex will be sweeter/kinder/softer/more faithful/whatever characteristic you are looking for, then that is what you find and maybe accentuate.
Does that make sense?
Yes it does, and well put. I grew up with a boy cat, so when I was an adult and got my first and second cat I automatically went for males. Then Misty found me, and I agree that I'd presumed she'd be less affectionate ....and she was. Self-fulfilling prophecy, as you said?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #15

I also believed that females were generally less affectionate, or were affectionate on their own terms (a good thing IMO) but Kizzy has proved that not to be the case, she is the most demonstrably affectionate of my cats to date.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
19-05-2009, 02:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I also believed that females were generally less affectionate, or were affectionate on their own terms (a good thing IMO) but Kizzy has proved that not to be the case, she is the most demonstrably affectionate of my cats to date.

The same reason i've always gone for boys Angie.. but so far Harri is far more affectionate than any cat i've had... but she's very much her own cat... sometimes she just want to be left alone... Tinky on the other hand was a mummy's boy and just wanted to be near me all the time... but when Harri is feeling affectionate... then she's all the way.... although she does have Tinky's little habit of crying out when she thinks she's alone.

all in all i'd have another girl cat..although when she chose me at the RSPCA... the one thing that was holding me back from saying "YES" was the fact that she was a girl.. cant quite belive i've been so closed minded all these years about boys verus girls