Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #11

Re: Benji

Poor Benji is not out of the woods yet. Called his owner first thing to see how he was, she said he hadnt eaten or drank anything and was just lying by the radiator shivering.
So skipped breakfast and jumped in the van to see him, called the vet when I got there and took him straight in.
He had bloods done which didnt reveal anything much other than a little dehydration. X-rays to check for a blockage, all that has shown up is alot of gas. Andrew gave him fluids which has perked him up alittle, more anti biotics and some Hills I/D (which he wont touch). Took him home to his owner this afternoon, he does seem a little perkier but still not eating anything. I gave him, sorry re-phrase, I tried to give him his AB tablet before I left and little monkey bit me. Managed to get him to take it in a doggy sausage.
Andrew is on call this evening so if the owner is worried she can call him and if she needs me to get him back down there then she can give me a call.
Fingers crossed there is an improvement soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
07-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #12

I hope that there is some improvement soon, it`s surprising when you talk and speak to people just how many people have problems with their pets of this nature ,hope he does get better soon though the poor little mite.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #13

Poor thing, hope he perks up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
07-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #14

Poor wee soul sounds quite poorly - hope he feels better soon.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 cats
08-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #15

Sending healing energies Benji's way Poor sweetie

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #16

This doesn't sound very nice.
In words of support (I hope) I think our pets are a little like our children - either their normal happy bouncy selves or sad, ill, deflated, little beings. There's no real in-between, just the frightening difference between GREAT! and AWFUL.
Hope little Benji is soon his normal GREAT! again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #17

How is Benji today, Elaine?

Catsey Veteran

08-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #18

To be honest, I dont know as I called the owner this morning to find out how he was, she hadnt called the vet to ask but said that as soon as the vet called her, she would let me know. As yet i have heard nothing so am very worried for him.

Catsey Veteran

09-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #19

Sorry I didnt explain very well in my last post, Benji was rushed into the vets on Tuesday night, was put on a drip and had more tests done to check his pancreas. That info was given to me via text message, which is why I called the owner yesterday morning to see how he was.
There is a case of too many cooks to this tale now so i have backed off from it a little.
Benji is back home now though and should now hopefully improve. It came to light that the little dog doesnt get walked again after I walk him and so is not haveing an opportunity to releive himself, hence this condition had become life threatening. I have now arranged with the owner that i will walk him morning and night and she will walk him at lunch time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #20

Good grief - poor dog! How did he hang on without peeing etc?

Glad he is going to get 3 walks a day now.