Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #11

Re: I have so feathered friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
Oh how lovely to see different birds. I have a friend in Glasgow who feeds the birds and they are very tame and come right up on the windowsill demanding their food!
There are so many different ones here, and as Eileen says the Mocking bird has a lovely song, its perched on the balconey singing to me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-04-2009, 10:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
There are so many different ones here, and as Eileen says the Mocking bird has a lovely song, its perched on the balconey singing to me
Actually, he's singing to say that this is his territory and other mocking birds had better stay away from his patch! They are very territorial birds. But it is a lovely song; you've made a friend there, bet he'll be back tomorrow for some fruit and biscuits.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Actually, he's singing to say that this is his territory and other mocking birds had better stay away from his patch! They are very territorial birds. But it is a lovely song; you've made a friend there, bet he'll be back tomorrow for some fruit and biscuits.
Here me thinking he was singing to me There was a second one, but he gave it a right telling off, and its not been back, must get some raisins for him...How can you tell the difference between Male and Female??

Catsey Veteran

09-04-2009, 10:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Here me thinking he was singing to me There was a second one, but he gave it a right telling off, and its not been back, must get some raisins for him...How can you tell the difference between Male and Female??
We can't! Although he can, and so can she! The other one was probably a male. Both sexes are identically marked, unlike some other birds, like the cardinal. Have you seen any of them? Brilliant red male with a crest and red beak, she's brownish.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
09-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #15

The birds sound lovely there Moli hope you are taking plenty of pics to show us

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
09-04-2009, 11:09 PM   #16

Quote:
That's lovely though, I have a pair of blackbirds here but all they do is squawk at me because I haven't filled the bird table! I didn't even think blackbirds were particular about seeds but there you go!

And the Magpie which has STOLEN 4 fat balls in the last 2 weeks!

Maybe I need a trip over the pond!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
09-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
We can't! Although he can, and so can she! The other one was probably a male. Both sexes are identically marked, unlike some other birds, like the cardinal. Have you seen any of them? Brilliant red male with a crest and red beak, she's brownish.
Oh Eileen do you really get Cardinals? How super that must be, the most exotic bird I have had in my garden is a blue tit!

Catsey Veteran

09-04-2009, 11:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
Oh Eileen do you really get Cardinals? How super that must be, the most exotic bird I have had in my garden is a blue tit!
Indeed I do get cardinals, but it's all so relative, isn't it? I love seeing pics of your birds, all new and exotic to me. I'd love to see a blue tit! And your green woodpecker. Does anyone have nightengales?