Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
10-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #11

Re: Kittens are here!

Glad they are safe and well but why did mum have to have a C Section?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
10-03-2008, 07:04 PM   #12

Hi Rosie,
She had two kittens naturally but sadly one didn't make it, she was then contracting and straining unproductively for two hours. The breeder is also a vet and couldn't feel any kittens in the birth canal-they seemed to be 'behind' the area of the uterus that was contracting, effectively trapping the kittens in the uterus. She made the decision to bring her in and do a c-section at that point.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
12-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #13

Thanks Pinklizzie - Poor little girl I hope she is feeling well enough to cope with her kits. I was curious because I have never heard of cats needing C Sections although many dogs do.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
12-03-2008, 10:52 AM   #14

Hope you will soon be cuddling and loving your new babies, Pinklizzie. Looking forwad to seeing the pics. Having had such a dramatic start to life by coming out thru the sunroof , so to speak, you have to wonder how much this will impact on their personalities. Have you decided on names yet?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
12-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #15

No decisions on names yet, I think I'll have to wait until I see her again and when her personality starts to develop a bit more. I'm really impatient to see them again but I think I'll wait until they're a bit older-don't want to risk exposing them to anything nasty, especially given where I work etc.