Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
02-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #11

Re: please read..i'm worried.

No I know what you mean Tink. They may be too old for an op but you will know what to d when you have more information.
I know from adults that if they have had a knock to the head the pupils are a clear indication that something else is going on such as a bleed, stroke, haemorrhage, tumour, when you shine a light in there is no reaction to it, what will usually happen is that the pupil will go smaller, but also it can be little things and I may be scaring you unnecessarily as animals and humans are so different and I have never heard of the colouring difference so that is new which puts a difference slant on it as that could be anything I wouldn't like to guess at.

Put your mind at rest visit the vet and have cuddles checked over then make decisions based on fact only. You may want to say that you are a rescue centre in the hope that they may give some concessionary rate.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #12

I agree that this isn't an emergency, but she does need to be seen. My only experience with this was when my Misty lost her sight in both eyes at about 18. So it could be that Cuddles is blind in one eye..the non-reactive pupil is a sign...and that she's compensated for it so well that no one would notice. Cats are very good at this; no one would have known Misty was blind. And, the eye color change is possibly a sign of a tumor. I hate to mention this, but it is better to be prepared when you get to the vet. I do hope and pray it's nothing serious. Try not to worry too much, I know that's easier said than done...(((hugs))), Tink, and do give us an update....

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic Short hair
Steph is Male
02-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #13

Parsley went `big eyes`-his retinas had detached due to high BP. There is always hope-my fella got his eyesight back. A stroke finally took him but he went on for a couple of years after geting his sight back

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
02-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #14

Could she have had a seizure? Sometimes this will cause problems with dilating pupils.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
03-04-2008, 01:52 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
Could she have had a seizure? Sometimes this will cause problems with dilating pupils.
honestly, she just sleeps a lot and cuddles when awake. but like i said, anything's possible in the duration she was hardly looked at and kept in a separate room of the household and a bit neglected. i'm just wondering if i'm noticing the effects now as i've had her just over a month and i haven't noticed anything weird while i'm home, which is usually a lot.

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2008, 02:03 AM   #16

Tink, here's a link I sent to Boys Mum when her cat had a noticeable color change in one eye...might give you some information...

http://petcaretips.net/cat_eye_problem.html

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2008, 02:11 AM   #17

thank you for the link..i'm wondering about kidney failure..don't know why i picked that outta the bunch, that's just "the feeling i get"...
i know i need a vet to diagnose..just need to sit down with my OH and figure this out. also, should call my mom and ask her if she's had any infections in that eye before and when was her last exam...maybe she'll even help out with the cost of the visit. usually i can rely on my OH for an emergency need for money but with the refi happening right now he's tied up alot of things to make this happen so i know he's stressed about any amount of money.
but i will get her checked.
keep u updated.

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2008, 03:23 AM   #18

just talked to my mom on the phone..i am so angry you guys .
she laughed and said nonchalantly "oh she's had that for three or four years now". i told her the possibilites of the cause and she just said "yep. probably one of those is my guess".
i know she's not mentally well...and i know she's my mother but i am fuming
i could just cry for cuddles..and cry because i want to hate "the previous owner" so badly. think i'll give the old girl an extra cuddle tonight. i ended the phone conversation abruptly as she doesn't take much of anything very well these days.

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2008, 04:10 PM   #19

Oh dear!!! Your own mother.......

Well, if she's had it this long at least I guess we can assume its not immediately life-threatening and can wait until you have funds for the vet visit....

Try not to be too upset, (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
03-04-2008, 11:10 PM   #20

A trip to the vets will hopefully get to the bottom of this but try not to worry. One of my friends cat has unequal pupils and has had them from being very young. There is nothing at all wrong with her. Just get her checked as soon as you can.