Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
01-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #11

Re: Free neutering campaign

Just got home.
110 free vouchers later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
01-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #12

Well done you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
01-05-2008, 07:32 PM   #13

Thats fab smudgley,lets hope its a good day 2moz,i havnt recieved any email

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
Thats fab smudgley,lets hope its a good day 2moz,i havnt recieved any email

Well I've received the email Erin, and I see you are there tomorrow well I am there Sat - see you are avoiding me again

Kel, I can swop to the AM but have somewhere to go in the morning and have to go there and sort something, so can't get there at 10am but will be here ASAP hopefuly by 11am if thats okay (may be earlier)

Have sent an email to confirm this.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Just got home.
110 free vouchers later.
Sounds great! How does that compare to last year?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-05-2008, 09:22 PM   #16

Well done, what a great response for just one day. I hope all those vouchers translate into actual neutering ops and don't just get stuck on mantlepieces and forgotten about!

Good luck for the rest of the campaign, and in Reading too Yola.

Catsey Veteran

02-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #17

Erin - sorry about the e-mail. I have resent it - to the correct address Hope to see you there today.

Kazz - fab, see you whenever you can be there. We have Sat pretty well covered (although one person is unable to attend now)

DM - last year on the first day we only gave out 2 vouchers, but it was in Kidderminster and not at a very good place for attracting interest. The day we did in Dudley last year was our best day but we didn't do 100(I think about 75 maybe?) I'll have to recheck numbers for comparison.

Today we are in Kidderminster, but a better place for passing trade . Hopefully Erin will join us. People couldn't believe that we were volunteers yeaterday and that myself and Helen had both booked leave from our jobs to promote this campaign.

Aslo we came home with;
some donations
8 cats to add to our waiting list
4 vet bills we authorised
but the best of all was a lady who asked me about her 6 year old female cat and her 5 month old male that she wanted to have kittens from. She was having trouble getting them mated and wanted advice. I had a long chat with her and explained that I couldn't/wouldn't give her advice on breeding her pet cats as it was totally against what we were trying to promote. After a sensible converstaion and some explanations about the reasons behind her wanting kitens and the amount of kittens in CP care at any one time, she decided to have both of them neutered and to become a CP fosterer.
{She wanted kittens because she liked the idea of rearing babies and when I asked her to set up as a fosterer, so that she could rear a litter without added more kittens to the population and that she's be helping us out. She was really pleased}

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #18

Oh Kelly - that's a fantastic anecdote. Can I be really cheeky and ask if I can 'borrow' it? I'm trying to drum up press support here during May and that is just the kind of thing that will look great in newsprint and will appeal hugely to the target market!

Catsey Veteran

02-05-2008, 08:48 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Oh Kelly - that's a fantastic anecdote. Can I be really cheeky and ask if I can 'borrow' it? I'm trying to drum up press support here during May and that is just the kind of thing that will look great in newsprint and will appeal hugely to the target market!
Sure.

The lady was very nice, very pleasant & genuinely wanted her cats to breed together so that she could have babies. She had no idea of the kitten / stray cat situation & was quite alarmed. When I suggested neutering her own cats and then fostering she was really keen. I said I could do her some vouchers but if she wasn't going to use them I would rather not write them out & gave her every opportunity to walk away, but she scrambled in the bus & got her vouchers..............result!

Oh and the most important thing is she was a cat lover, no doubt about that.

right must dash... the bus is calling!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-05-2008, 04:04 PM   #20

What a touching story, Smudgley! Well done you , and hope the lady does go ahead with it; sounds as if she'd make a loving fosterer for some lucky kittens!