Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
20-02-2008, 08:03 PM   #11

Re: The reason why I haven't been on..

Hope Socks is back home with you quickly. Poor little man. Some people are so irresponsible. It is horrid that this has happened to Socks but what if a child had got it. Give him a great big hug.

How is Maiah eye after surgery? Give her a love as well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
20-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #12

Nice to see you back.
How awful for Socks (and you), good for acting so quickly though and I hope he is feeling a lot better soon, please keep us updated X

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Long hair
21-02-2008, 06:27 AM   #13

Maiah's eye surgery went well, Her eyelid is still covered over her eye, but it'll go away over a year's time ^^

We just got news about Socks, and he is playing with his IV cords and already trying to pick the locks of the cages (He's causing alot of trouble for the vets) but so far he looks like he's going to make a full recovery (They're going to take him off the IV so see how he reacts, so anything could happen)

Yes, Everything seems to be going smooth now, but still keep Socks in your prayers, He'll be in mine.

love you all!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #14

Pleased to hear there has been some improvement with Sock ........ loads of healing vibes being sent to him..

More healing vibes also being sent to Maiah, I hope her eye makes a full recovery too..

Looking forward to hearing that Socks is back home with you where he belongs.. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #15

Good vibes coming! Thanks for the update, hope he can come home soon ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
21-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #16

Glad to hear Socks is keeping the vets busy. Hopefully he will be back with you soon.

I am sure Maiah's eye will heal completely given time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
22-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks
We just got news about Socks, and he is playing with his IV cords and already trying to pick the locks of the cages (He's causing alot of trouble for the vets)
Lol that reminded me of when Bubbles had her dental surgery, the Vets rang me and said while she had a lovely singing voice, would I like to come and get her early

SO glad Socks is recovering so well, still sending healing vibes for him

*hugs*

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Long hair
23-02-2008, 04:29 AM   #18

thankyou for all the vibes! Socks made a full recovery and is right now running around the house with Maiah. Lol the vet wanted me to come get him early because he had a "colorful but slightly bothersome personality" hehe X) that's my baby boy

So, I went to pick him up and as soon as he walked into the room he made that "Pdrrrr" noise and ran over to me and just let me hold him until we got home. As soon as we got home, he ate ALOT and drank ALOT. then within the hour, him and Miaha were chasing eachother around and knocking over stuff. I missed him sooo much X) It's bad when you actually want to hear a big bang in the morning lol.

The vet said he is a very lucky kitty. Having antifreeze in a kittens body like his should of killed him in 30 minuets, but he lasted for 2 hours before they could of started the treatment.

So..he made a full recovery, but he is really wanting to get 'friendly' with Maiah. Maiah is good at defending herself when she dosn't want to get 'friendly'.

but yes, he's doing fine now ^^ Thankyou all VERY much! I don't know what I would of done if anything had happened to him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
23-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #19

Yay I'm SOOO pleased for you both!! *hugs* all round

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #20

Brilliant news Socks .......... cuddles to them both!