Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
25-02-2008, 08:06 PM   #11

Re: National anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Not that I am biased but Mae Hen wlad fy Nhadau, the Welsh one, does make me feel emotional and sung in a crowded Millenium stadium it makes the hairs on the back of your head stand up too!
I have to agree with you, whenever I hear it, I get goosebumps! Especially when it's sung in the Millenium stadium! I've been known to stand up in the pub and sing it when watching the rugby (in a Irish pub in London no less!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
25-02-2008, 08:15 PM   #12

I happen to love the UK's national anthem lol, but I absolutley DETEST flower of scotland, Scotlands 'unofficial' one ggrrrr! If Scotland needs to have a seperate anthem it should be 'Highland Laddie or Scotland the Brave'. Now that's a stirring anthem!

And yes Angie i agree with you about BC and the rumpty tumpty lol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #13

See when ours is sung with meaning its good/makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up sometimes but I think I would prefer Land Of Hope and Glory...or... Rule Brittania.

I like the French national anthem, the Irish....very stirring, and oddly enough the Greek - odd I know but I

This is the Greek National anthem
do..http://home.att.net/~kosmas/anthem.htm

This is the Irish

I think its the situation you hear it in that causes the emotion. The American one not a favourite but one they do sing with pride.

Karen