Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #11

Re: Sunday Daily...

Have to say though Dawns dogs are stunning.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
14-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #12

Hi all.
Well Spike (K's iguana) went to a new home last night. In the preparation to move/downsize he made the tough decision to rehome the reptiles and fish. We simply cannot afford the special heat and lighting bills anymore and he's not able to give them proper attention.
Turtle will be going to neighbor today where I think he will have a good home. Still looking for someone interested in the fish. If we can get those a new home, at least we can shut down the tank and worry later about someone buying that and it won't be causing huge electricity bills anymore.
Kinda sad but gotta do what we gotta do. Of course the dogs, ferrets, and cats are staying..it is UNTHINKABLE for them to not be with us..the reptiles and fish were the obvious choice because they were the least bonded to us.
A group of men came and disassembled Spike's homemade cage last night to go to the new home. He will be living in a four bedroom house where he will have his own bedroom and patio. Sounds like he will be happy. Kinda have the blues cleaning up the remnants of where he occupied our living room though. We have huge logs he used to perch on that are too heavy for me to lift (remember I must take on all the physical labor around here lately due to K's condition) so I guess I am going to learn how to use a saw today. Not very excited, kinda hoping K can find a neighbor or friend to do this instead *sigh..*
So today is cleanup of Spike's old living space, rehome the turtle, and just generally clean. I'm not feeling excited about today but what must be done must be done.
Hope you all have a good one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #13

Oh dear, a sad choice, but makes financial sense. Poor Spike, but it sounds like a good home he's going to. Would it be possible to sell the fish to a pet store or fish fancier; as I recall you have some lovely specimens, and every little bit of cash helps.

Do be extra careful if you're going to be using a power saw ...those are dangerous!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #14

It's very hard having to re-home your precious creatures Tink, but it does sound as if Spike is going to be very well looked after - we know that you wouldn't have it any other way.

I second Eileen's plea re the power saw - can't you find someone to do it for you, and perhaps give them a couple of fish in payment?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
14-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #15

I know, I'm really nervous. I'm gonna ask K can't we call someone? I just don't like the sounds of this.

Catsey Veteran

14-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #16

Listen to your gut instinct! You can live with those logs for a bit until you can get someone to help. The last thing you need now is to be in the hospital yourself.

Catsey Veteran

14-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #17

If I lived closer I would come and do it for you ......did you not know I can use a chainsaw....

I would suggest getting someone to do it for you though they are dangerous things adn if you are unsure in the first place then you need someone else to do it. Most injuries concerning chainsaws happen in the shoulder throat area....people lifting them from the wood...#

GET SOMEONE TO DO IT.

Catsey Veteran

14-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #18

Step away from the logs....

Catsey Veteran

14-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #19

Kazz, why am I not surprised to learn you can use a chainsaw? A woman of many talents.

Tink, I think the vote is pretty unanimous....DON'T!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-03-2010, 11:44 PM   #20

I second that with knobs on and bells and whistles and alarms too.