Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
21-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #11

Re: Poached eggs, soggy toast, scalded legs and crushed toes

Next series of unfortunate events
On my way out to see the dogs, driving along with my window down, it was quite windy today and i am not sure if it came from a passing car or not but all of a sudden there was a terrible smell of burning hair and heat on the back of my head , obviously I began to panick and put one hand to the back of my head, desperately patting and trying to find the offending fag end that had come in through the open window, suddenly realising i had began to veer towards an oncoming car, slight swerve and all was well, apart from losing a bit of hair and the smell. Now before any one says anything, yes I am a smoker but i do NOT smoke in my car. When I got out of the car the fag end was in the hood of my jacket
Had a lovely afternoon with the dogs and took Suzy to her vets appointment. Her hind legs are giving her cause for complaint, bless her. She was as good as gold until some one held the door open for us to leave then she dragged me out of the surgery
Took Suzy back home, gave both dogs a big cuddle and a pigs ear before leaving. Drove into my street and even managed to get a parking space. On getting out of the car again the wind struck and the door hit me on the head. OUCH!!!

February has not been a good month for me has it? Between skate boarding across the kitchen floor in the new cat carrier, smashing it, falling over the kitchen chair, smashing my head on floors, walls and car doors.
What is it about my head that unknown forces dont like?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Trinity(DSH) Neo(RagxPer)Lily(Rag)
21-02-2008, 07:29 PM   #12

I'm not a smoker so don't have much empathy with people who smoke in there cars its so stupid. Don't mind anywhere else but not in your car. You throw it out the window and especially if your ok a motorbike which I was on this occasion the end goes into the helmet luckily I was a pilion otherwise I would have crashed the bike. Also yesterday I was driving in the dark someone threw there fag out and it made a massive spark made me jump out of my skin. Not good lol... After that a deer ran out in front of the car luckily I saw his eyes along time before so was driving slowly and he just trotted past me. Moan over

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenlouise
I'm not a smoker so don't have much empathy with people who smoke in there cars its so stupid. Don't mind anywhere else but not in your car. You throw it out the window and especially if your ok a motorbike which I was on this occasion the end goes into the helmet luckily I was a pilion otherwise I would have crashed the bike.
Another good reason NOT to smoke in cars, thats just too scarey. Apart from the obvious reasons its also illegal now.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #14

Elaine, are you sure you haven't walked under any ladders recently??

You are going through a very unlucky patch at the moment ......take care, think before you act!!

Seriously though, what a stupid thing for that motorist to do I don't know if you have the same law in Scotland but down here now, people can be fined if they are caught throwing cigarette ends in the road.

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Seriously though, what a stupid thing for that motorist to do I don't know if you have the same law in Scotland but down here now, people can be fined if they are caught throwing cigarette ends in the road.
I think we do but its not so easy to get their reg' number when you are trying to get the fag butt out of your hair and drive at the same time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #16

Yikes!!! You've really not had a good month of it have you Elaine

In the days when I did smoke, I also did so in the car In all the years only once did a fag butt fly back into the car . . . you should have seen me screech to a halt on the flyover in town and rummage under the seat to try and find the thing.

Learnt my lesson though - never threw a butt out of the window after that and always used the ashtray.

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2008, 09:02 PM   #17

I used to smoke in the car but just got fed up with the mess and the smell.

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #18

Erin suggested i start n "Elaines diary of unfortunate events" thread. Cheeky mare

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
21-02-2008, 09:06 PM   #19

well you have had a few havnt you Elaine? and after checking that you are ok and not hurt it does give us all a good laugh

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #20

Didnt your mum ever tell you that its not nice to laugh at others misfortunes?