Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-07-2007, 06:36 PM   #11

Re: Very angry yesterday

I have a long fuse the longest fuse in the world but look sideways at Cleo and you're dead meat.

Glad all is well,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #12

[quote=Samz5;404053]Well I think they learned there lesson, they did look very scared when we told them off, and we saw the girl today, going off for a bike ride with her mum and she looked very sheepish when she spotted us.
As for being restrained - well I'm famous for it, I have a very long fuse, but when that fuse runs out you will know about it. [

Sam, are you a Taurus also? That's typical!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-07-2007, 10:12 PM   #13

So sorry you and your cat (and b/f) had to experience that I have very uncompromising views on gun ownership . . . i.e., completely illegal and NO concessions to that. I know that is not the given view in 99.9% of the USA and 50% of the UK . . . but anyone who allows their children to use or own guns is nothing short of a criminal in my book (sorry Donna). I won't even let Dominik have any kind of plastic toy gun or weapon I hate them, they do too much damage and instill agression that need never be there either in adults or children.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
23-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #14

how cruel.... I woulda lost the plot at them.... then gone storming around to their houses and lost the plot there too.... my son was allowed plastic guns but he knew that they were toys and that the real things were dangerous and bad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
So sorry you and your cat (and b/f) had to experience that I have very uncompromising views on gun ownership . . . i.e., completely illegal and NO concessions to that. I know that is not the given view in 99% of the USA9. and 50% of the UK . . . but anyone who allows their children to use or own guns is nothing short of a criminal in my book (sorry Donna). I won't even let Dominik have any kind of plastic toy gun or weapon I hate them, they do too much damage and instill agression that need never be there either in adults or children.
Not quite that bad, Yola! There are many of us who are for very strict gun controls. but the NRA had a incredibly strong lobby....... Here in Washington we have very strict gun laws (no ownership!!), and they are now trying to get it overturned....sigh...
The criminals have no problems getting them...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
24-07-2007, 10:10 AM   #16

I think if it had been me I would have made them shoot each other to see how it felt!!!!! I'm gobsmacked that a parent would give a 7 year old child such a thing. totally irresponsible.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
24-07-2007, 03:44 PM   #17

im glad domino is ok sam

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
28-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #18

I'm with Yola.I cannot understand why anyone would want to buy their child a bb gun what do they think they are going to shoot? and why would you want them to? if parents played with their children more rather than expect them to make their own amusement then the world would be safer for people and their animals. It is only through boredom that children look for excitment in the wrong places.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy
29-07-2007, 07:36 PM   #19

I'm sure the repulsive 12 years old that put a Air rifle pellet into my Cats spine and killed her started off with a BB Gun.

Why people allow there Children to have any sort or Gun is beyond me

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
30-07-2007, 03:15 PM   #20

Jeeze this is awful I can't believe kids would do that.. well actually I can which is really sad I think you were very restrained, I would have ballistic if I caught anyone doing that to either of my cats Lets hope they chuck away that awful gun grrrr.