Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-07-2006, 09:44 PM   #11

Re: Advice on new camera

I know Mags, I think I am going to need it!!! lol

Really not sure whether to go for a £200 5MP camera or splash out on a more expensive SLR camera.

I do like the Canon Ixus range but my catalogue has only got one and it is out of stock. I think I will save some money and see what Makro have got

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2006, 09:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Think it was around £600 when we bought it Emma from Jessops the photographic shop
I wouldn't mind spending £600 on it Fran, but I begrudge paying an extra £120 just so I can pay it off next year, they will have come down even more by then!! lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
I wouldn't mind spending £600 on it Fran, but I begrudge paying an extra £120 just so I can pay it off next year, they will have come down even more by then!! lol
I agree with you Emma....perhaps that's how they can aford to sell their cameras buy now pay next year, by adding the invisible interest on the price of the camera??

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2006, 09:53 PM   #14

Normally Fran they are not too bad, sometimes only a little bit more expensive than the high street shops. I don't mind paying say £20 more but not £120!!!

So far I have only bought a Dyson, Camcorder and my old digital camera from there (the digital camera I bought about 7 years ago and cost me £649!! lol) and a few items of clothing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
04-07-2006, 10:01 PM   #15

Dont forget the lenses too Emma with a DSLR, my 3 lenses cost more than the camera!
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Dont forget the lenses too Emma with a DSLR, my 3 lenses cost more than the camera!
Dawn.
That's true Dawn but the lens that came with ours is ok. Would like to invest in some other lenses though

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #17

Thanks for the advice Dawn, do you think it would be a good idea to go to a shop like Jessops and actually have a proper play with one of the SLR cameras? (If I am going to splash out )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
05-07-2006, 10:19 AM   #18

Any camera shop will let you look and have a play with a camera, Jessops is one of them, I would reccommend you do that. SLR's are much bigger and heavier than the compacts, and you will need a bag to transport it, a lot of people are not happy doing that if they want to snap and shoot.
http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Prod...ageID=164046#1
This is the camera Fran and I have.
http://www.emblehope.co.uk/photography/What%20I%20use/
These are the lenses I use, it may be of help to you.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

11-07-2006, 10:49 PM   #19

Looks like I have gone for the cheap and cheerful route Just ordered a Nikon Coolpix L3 5mega pixel for £100 buy now pay June 2007 from my catalogue (they had 50% off this camera)

It should turn up on Thursday. It will be ideal for our holiday and general pics around the home.

I might invest in a SLR camera sometime in the future though.

Not sure what to do with our old Canon Powershot S10, just lost another battery for it and the one I have got gets flat in 5 seconds!! lol

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 x rescue cats
12-07-2006, 08:58 AM   #20

That's the trouble with older model digital cameras. I know I promised piccies of new boy, but my camera has managed to get through 2 sets of batteries since the weekend - rechargeables, so should be OK tonight

If you haven't got a battery charger and rechargeable batteries, they are well worth the 20-odd quid investment.