Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #11

Re: Thursday...Daily...

Our snow has all gone....quite nice here now, suns out......although everything is wet and very muddy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #12

Ooooh Natalie - I'll join you in the hot chocolate with marshmallows please!

(just an apple and a mug of bouillon for me again today!)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #13

We had a heavy fall of snow last night, I looked out of the window about 3.00am and it was a real picture.........so bright and everywhere covered with untouched snow!

Managed to get to the hairdressers this morning though the pavements were very slippery. I was the only client there.....everyone else had cancelled their appointment it seems

Cassie has been out enjoying herself for a few minutes at a time, then she decides enough is enough and she charges back in to the radiator!

Stay safe, stay warm everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #14

We had another bit of snow here last night and the local roads seem to have been horrible earlier today. It's generally melting now, hope it doesn't refreeze tonight!

A nice result of the inclement weather has been increased bird activity in the garden so there's always something pretty to watch , so far today I've seen - blue, great, coal and long-tailed tits, chaffinch, greenfinch, goldfinch, nuthatch and the teeny, tiny pair of goldcrests that are obviously finding something very tasty to eat in one of the conifers! The dog likes watching the birds too and stands on the armchair, stretching to reach the window sill to get a better look, he's pretty wobbly and the window now has doggy slobber on the glass!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #15

Watching the birds in the snow was lovely (it's almost all gone here and we didn't have any new today). The only new visitors were a pied wagtail and a gorgeous song thrush - especially notable as I had said that I envied CM her song thrush during the Big Garden Birdwatch. The thrush sadly has gone now, but the little wagtail is hanging on!

Have we had any recent pictures of Morgan, Mrs H????? (hint, hint!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #16

No snow here, sunny but BITTERLY cold...just checked the current weather before I logged on and it's -9 with a wind chill of -17!!!!! I believe it, thought I'd get hypothermia waiting for the bus home... cannot wait for the promised weekend warmup! Leia is perched on the radiator after asking for a pre-lunch snack (which she got). The small starving cat face gets me every time... so no news here, will just stay n all day. Your weather sounds dreadful, hope all stay safe, warm and dry!, Do take care if you must go out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
05-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #17

Thought i'd have to spend the day in a hospital bed doing a sleep-in today but he snow never came ... phew!
All the white stuff has virtually disappeared now, just on the hills around us and the cold grass verges. I wish I could enjoy it but it just puts fear into me; is there such a thing as snow-phobic I just have visions of me slipping , and falling and hurting myself.

Another night shift tonight, then back to five more days of work before I head off to the sun. yippeee

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
05-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #18

a bit of sun today but not much..weather very mild and picking up in temperature though it's not supposed to last into next week..darn.
very sleepy today..doctor upped a night time med that i take and it really knocked me out and made it harder to get up today..hoping side effects will wear off and the other daytime ones kick in as well for as far as getting me up during the day.
just doing normal chores over here and maybe some reading. nothing new to report. i am boring, LOL.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #19

Tink, your mild weather's coming East .. will be about 60F here Sunday...and I'm ready for it! It's"warmed" up a bit now, but still very chilly. Hope you can get the meds adjusted so you feel more yourself and less sleepy. I'm reading a strange Koontz, Life Expectancy. Not like his usual, have you read it?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #20

Well it's snowing hard again here, the road is white already, dread to think what it'll be like in the morning...