Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: maine coon? norweigen forest ??
shimmy is Male
22-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #11

Re: hi need info

thts really helpfull thankyou pcspik

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
22-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #12

No problem. I am assuming your friend has an adult cat though. If your friend has a kitten (less than 12 months old), then you need to look for the kitten range of the food you are going for (again all of the above do kitten food) just as long as the biscuits says "complete kitten food" on the packet. On a similar note, if your cat is 7 years old or older then it needs senior food (as above, but it needs to say senior on the packet).

It is a good idea to feed both meat and biscuits btw. If your friend cannot afford to feed both, then (provided it says complete) it is better to feed just biscuits, rather than subsituting it for a poorer brand. Feeding just biscuits will not do it any harm nutritionally, but your friend may find that you need to provide more water (since the main ingredient of meat is actually water, they get their water from that. Without meat their water source has gone, so they may drink more from an actual water bowl).

Another important thing is if your friend is changing brands then to wean it slowly onto the new food, otherwise you will find a very messy litter tray (and possibly bottom!). You should be aiming to do the weaning over 7 days.

Catsey Junior

shimmy is Male
22-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #13

thanks for the info and suggestions . i still not understanding postin pics, surely i gotta be on photobucket to do this, or do i use my pics fome 'my pictures on pc?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #14

Mike, you do need to download photobucket i think and put the pics you want on the forum in it. I couldnt get pics into my posts from my pictures on the pc

Global Moderator

22-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy
thanks for the info and suggestions . i still not understanding postin pics, surely i gotta be on photobucket to do this, or do i use my pics fome 'my pictures on pc?
1. You will first need to host your pics on Photobucket.

2. Under your photo you will see four boxes : Email & IM; Direct Link; HTML
Code; IMG Code. You need the IMG Code.

3. Copy this code, return to Catsey and paste your code (CTRL and V) into your
post. Click Submit.

That's it!

You may find it easier to open Catsey and Photoshop in two separate windows first.

Good luck!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #16

One caveat about dry food: the potential of cystitis. Males are more prone to it because of their narrower urinary tract, but females can get it too. I personally prefer a mix of about 85% wet and 15% dry; and always add a bit of warm water to the wet; makes more gravy, hence more liquid intake ... and the cats seem to like it.

Good luck with the pics, looking forward to them!

Catsey Junior

shimmy is Male
23-01-2010, 12:16 AM   #17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kAi99dpBeA
try this , i,ll do a better clear vid , on the stairs or in the garden . hope u enjoy, i,ll add tht im not harmin him in anyway.

Catsey Junior

shimmy is Male
23-01-2010, 12:30 AM   #18

thanks for the advice on the wet/dry mix info . right as for a pic(sorry to post vid on here i shoulda just told u it was in vid room anyway.) when u say under pic on photobucket 4 boxes, i dont seem to see these. going back on to check.

Global Moderator

23-01-2010, 12:32 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy
thanks for the advice on the wet/dry mix info . right as for a pic(sorry to post vid on here i shoulda just told u it was in vid room anyway.) when u say under pic on photobucket 4 boxes, i dont seem to see these. going back on to check.
It shows as four different codes directly under your pic on PB ...... you need to copy the last code which is the IMG code...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-01-2010, 12:38 AM   #20

Mike, when you click on the photo you want in PB, there will be 4 choices beneath it. The 4th is the IMG code. Click on that. Then a larger pic will appear and the same 4 choices are available click on IMG again and a small yellow box should appear that says Copied. Then, back on Catsey, click on the second icon from the right, the one that looks like a little yellow pyramid; a box will appear on the top of the screen asking for the info; paste it in, and that should do it. Hang in there, it's gonna work, believe me!