Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
22-05-2006, 12:57 PM   #11

Re: Who was it that decided..

Pig-bum in a bun? Taste of dried leaves in hot water? Lots of odd things.
Think I prefer the old days when everything but the Oink was eaten on a pig (for instance) rather than the hyper-processed, taste removed, artificial taste added, plastic entombed fast-food of today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
22-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #12

Feeling bit sick at the thought of all those nasties!!!! I too wonder strange things from time to time!!! Everything we tend to do in life could be looked upon as strange!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
22-05-2006, 05:12 PM   #13

You see, you are all at it now!!

Bee sick!! now there is another one, for gods sake, who said "EAT IT!!" my word what a gross species we are. Yes, and milk BM, pull the danglies on that Cow and drink the stuff that seeps out!!
Dawn,

Catsey Veteran

22-05-2006, 05:48 PM   #14

At least it stayed at cow's, goats and sheep's milk and didn't include dogs' and cats'.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
22-05-2006, 05:58 PM   #15

I say dinosaurs made up the eating eggs, but the rest I have no idea bee sick = winnie the pooh???

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mog
24-05-2006, 02:01 AM   #16

Being sensible (snoof.... dawn..... no!), milk i can understand, WE produce milk and obviously young peoples drink it, so its not a far stretch of the imagination that humans would try the milk produced by other mammals.....

But eggs...... no. Bee sick....... no. Letting milk go off and making cheese...... no.

All very weird.

Em

Catsey Veteran

24-05-2006, 06:31 AM   #17

It must just be a case of observing what the wildlife does. I grew up in bear-country. Bears are omnivores - as are we. Bears love honey, so it is obviously food of some sort. Then just try it on the cave idiot? Just about everything eats eggs from squirrels to snakes to gulls.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-05-2006, 06:39 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreow
It must just be a case of observing what the wildlife does. I grew up in bear-country. Bears are omnivores - as are we. Bears love honey, so it is obviously food of some sort. Then just try it on the cave idiot? Just about everything eats eggs from squirrels to snakes to gulls.
That's right - have you seen the lovely wildlife prog where the baby bears learn what to eat by sniffing their mum's breath after she's chewed vegetation etc. They know that is a safe smell and eat the stuff themselves.