Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #11

Re: Thursday's Daily Thread

He'll be working, I'll be enjoying southern hospitality.
About 6 or 7 days I think

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #12

Afternoon, people! We're having a mini January thaw: 0 now but 6 by afternoon and 12 tomorrow! Feels almost tropical after 16 days of bitterly cold weather! To the Safeway and annoyed that they're still out of the tins of Leia's favorite minced chicken...she will not be a happy camper! So, that's my exciting news of the day !

Meep, sorry you're aching after the fall and you had the minor tiff with OH; but
agree a fusspot neatnik one would be much worse!
Natalie, do you work in a psych ward? My mom did, and some of the stories she could tell...
DM, Atlanta in April should be great, lots of things blooming and not too hot yet. We should talk while you're here, natter on about cats and gardening.

Off to lunch in a few, may the sun shine on all

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
22-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #13

Thanks for the advice DM and DM! you're right, if he was overly fussy and anal it'd probably drive me bananas. I just look at men my dad's age (my dad, my friend's dads, my OH's dad!!) and they're all very clean and tidy, although not anal. Does it just come with age?! The only reason I did get wound up about it is it's the cat litter trays and if they're not cleaned well they'll either not use them or try and go in the bath (something that has only happened once with Minsky thank goodness, but the CP told us Minsky was doing it a lot before we got him). So that, as well as making sure they're fed and watered, are the two things I like to make sure are done well. There literally wasn't enough litter to cover the whole tray and he said it was "fine" Anyway, by the time he's home tonight it should all be forgotten and he can give me some sympathy hopefully for all my aches and pains!

DM, I'm intrigued about the 10 years, 10 months, 10 hours thing...?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #14

Really upset/angry/frustrated about something?
Will it still matter in 10 years? Almost certainly not
Will it still matter in 10 months? Don't expect so
Will it still matter in 10 weeks? Probably not
Will it still matter in 10 days? Well, you might still remember
Will it still matter in 10 hours? It might just
Will it still matter in 10 minutes? That's probably the attention span most 'issues' deserve. Forget about it and get on with your life.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #15

DM - I shall carry that motto with me, it's so, so valid.

Meep - no, they don't get tidier with age. Mine's 57 and although pernickety about so many things, putting stuff away or doing things properly are not his strengths!!

Catsey Veteran

22-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Really upset/angry/frustrated about something?
Will it still matter in 10 years? Almost certainly not
Will it still matter in 10 months? Don't expect so
Will it still matter in 10 weeks? Probably not
Will it still matter in 10 days? Well, you might still remember
Will it still matter in 10 hours? It might just
Will it still matter in 10 minutes? That's probably the attention span most 'issues' deserve. Forget about it and get on with your life.
Beautifiu! Going to memorize that!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
22-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #17

Allo, all.
Late start today due to a long night..was thinking about Tigger and questioning if I did the right thing with him then got emotional. That always tuckers me out.
Sunshine again today, will probably only last till 5pm again though.
Going to drive today for the first time in about two months Nervous..it's not too far away, just here in town but I don't know if I should put it off till later or just get it over with ASAP..have to stop by pharmacy and library which are thankfully in the same parking lot.
Rest of the day should be pretty normal, probably do a lot of reading after my chores.
Take care, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
22-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
BM - we're kind of tooing and froing with Fashion World. I've placed an order but needed to pay some of it upfront (which I did) but then found they can't deliver to my office - or their online address recognition thingy wouldn't recognise my office address (rural)!!

But we're emailing and hopefully it'll get sorted. The catalogue arrived yesterday and I do like their womenswear - especially the Joe Browns stuff
hopefully it will be sorted out, and will we get to see pics a fashion parade lol

Catsey Veteran

22-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Allo, all.
Late start today due to a long night..was thinking about Tigger and questioning if I did the right thing with him then got emotional. That always tuckers me out.
Sunshine again today, will probably only last till 5pm again though.
Going to drive today for the first time in about two months Nervous..it's not too far away, just here in town but I don't know if I should put it off till later or just get it over with ASAP..have to stop by pharmacy and library which are thankfully in the same parking lot.
Rest of the day should be pretty normal, probably do a lot of reading after my chores.
Take care, all!
Hope you have a safe drive out and back; agree it's better to get over with rather than having it hanging over you! Then you can relax and enjoy the book...still on Koontz? I like him also

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
22-01-2009, 11:23 PM   #20

Well, I did it! It's silly it's only down the street but I'm proud of myself. Too bad they say the sunshine is going to go away and that there will be rain and a small snow shower next week. I hope they're wrong..if the weather is still nice it's easier for me to go out and try again.
Yep, still on Koontz. I've got about a hundred pages left of "Darkest Evening of the Year" and just picked up a new one to start next called "False Memory"