Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
26-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #11

Re: Dog Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by farthing
I hope the parents have been hip scored and tested for retinal dysplasia.
I have no idea Louise.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
26-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #12

I may be wrong but I suspect that a puppy farmer would not be too concerned about what he is breeding from, it might be worth mentioning these things to the people looking to buy. My friend bought a black lab from a place recommended by the kennel club, when she described it, it sounded like a puppy farm. The dog was so severly messed up and terrified of cars he would go completely mental. After he bit one of the sons, he'd bitten the husband nd wife previously, he had to be PTS- he was just over 1.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #13

Elaine you are taking it all to heart again you can't stop the World making mistakes with animals....you are a dog walker......not "Jimmney Cricket"

I assume the people we are taking about are grown ups....if so let them be if they won't listen ...its not your responsibility....

Karen

Catsey Veteran

26-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #14

Oh I agree with Moli.....the difference between a week old SBT pup and a 8 week old one is a lot and I had elderly cats to consider...of course.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
26-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
They are advertised as chunky chocolate labs.
JMO of course but labs wouldn't be a breed that is too hard done by going at 6 weeks, but they are also commonly over and badly bred.

There is not much you can do Elaine, they may be lucky and get a healthy pup but it's probably about 50/50, all you can do is advise them of better ways to get a puppy, that the parents need to be health tested e.t.c.

Sounds like they have made up their mind already, a fool and their money sadly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
26-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Oh I agree with Moli.....the difference between a week old SBT pup and a 8 week old one is a lot and I had elderly cats to consider...of course.
Its because I have cats, I prefer to get them young....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
27-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #17

You are all absolutely right and these people are not interested in my opinion anyway, so have kept my mouth firmly shut.
I just find it curious that the pup was advertised at £400 but was sold for £250, just seems like a hell of a drop in price for a so called healthy pup.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
27-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #18

Maybe they're just terrified at the prospect of being left with the pup Elaine? Much easier to sell a 6 week old than a 16 week old. Perhaps they had just anticipated turning dozens of prospective purchasers away and were shocked to find that they might not actually sell all the pups?
Going back to staffies pups, both of mine were at the just about 7 weeks mark when i got them. Very much babies but it seems a good time - all 3 of us staffie fans agree

Catsey Veteran

27-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
You are all absolutely right and these people are not interested in my opinion anyway, so have kept my mouth firmly shut.
I just find it curious that the pup was advertised at £400 but was sold for £250, just seems like a hell of a drop in price for a so called healthy pup.
Elaine its lovely that you care and I agree its a very very odd thing to do. I could see the dropping of the price..in the fear of being left with the litter...as DM says, however the £50 charge for keeping the pup 1 week is really just money grabbing I would say........and the one thing that would make e walk away more than the price drop. Some times people do not wish to see whats under their nose and the more you highlight it the more they dig their heels in. Maybe this will turn out well, hard to tell what do they think of being charged £50 for boarding....

Catsey Veteran

27-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #20

DM I remember you getting Dinah....first time we bumped into each other on the net so to speak. Seems only yesterday.