Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #11

Re: Christmas Eve's Thread

Well party time here see you all later.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #12

Condolences to you and your OH, Nat will be thinking of you; RIP Monica.

Everything finished up here except a massive tidying up. Will drop off a few presents this afternoon. Had a lovely visit with my friend Carolyn yesterday; she came over with a present and we had a weepy time about the loss of our cats; she's still very much grieving for little Kate. It's above freezing for a change, 4C, but cloudy and a good chance of rain tonight for Santa; hope he has a big umbrella. No chance of a white Christmas here...sunny and mild.

Sounds as if everyone is well organized and ready for the big day,

Merry Christmas to all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
24-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #13

Very sorry Nat, all my love to your family.
Finished work early this afternoon which is nice, OH will be home soon too and planning a quiet night. We had a little dog brought in this afternoon, an abandonment case, poor little guy is terrified to go to sleep and relax. I'm sure he's worried about being left again Hopefully, if he gets on with Kindly, I'll take him over to my mum's for Christmas day.
Have a good evening everyone.
xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
24-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #14

I'm sorry to hear your sad news Matron, I hope you and your family find peace this Christmas.

We're in a little bit of a pickle here as we're having a major problem with one of the lighting circuits in the house so we have no lights in the dining room, bottom of the stairs, ceiling light in the kitchen and downstairs toilet. It'll have to wait until after the holidays, meanwhile we have the lights under the kitchen wall cupboards, romantic dining by candle-light and a candle and a box of matches in the toilet! We'll cope!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
24-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #15

sorry about the sad news Matron, i hope you and your family take care.
it's 11:30 am here and i've woken to potty accidents by everyone. i'm taking a break for coffee and catsey as i'm going to be sick cleaning up after a 120 lb. saint bernard just after i've woken.
mother and i have decided to postpone christmas at her house till this saturday for safety reasons..so i don't have much to look forward to at the moment, it's just another day. we won't be going anywhere till friday for a late christmas with OH's family so there really isn't much to prepare for at the moment except my OH having the rest of the week off after he gets home tonight.
will just be watching the frozen pipes tomorrow for thawing. oh, and it's snowing here right now..it is pretty. maybe i'll go out for a short walk in it to cheer myself.
hope you all have a good holiday.
i will probably just be cleaning and trying to catch some christmas specials on television or something.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-12-2008, 09:04 PM   #16

Hi, Tink, sorry you had to postpone Christmas, but I'm so glad you won't be on those treacherous roads! And you'd be worried about the kids and the pipes and the journey back all the time you were there... think it's for the best. Anyway, relax and try to have a quiet Christmas Day just the two of you... plus the fourlegs, of course! It''s just a quiet day at home for me and Leia too. Merry Christmas!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #17

I think you were wise to postpone your trip to your Mum's, the roads sound treacherous there. Anyway you will still have it to look forward to...
Hope your pipes thaw out ok and things can get back to normal for you all soon.

Merry Christmas to you and yours Tink......take care!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
24-12-2008, 10:58 PM   #18

Sorry for your familys loss matron

tink - best decision made I think. The conditions there sound rough.

hope everyone has a nice day tomorrow. We're off to my sisters so a stress free day for me.

finished hoovering up all the tinsel bits that Kinsi has created (again) I'm so glad we provided a tree just for her entertainment.

Merry Xmas everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
24-12-2008, 11:48 PM   #19

Matron - my thoughts are with you. Please take care. x