Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-02-2012, 03:58 AM   #11

Re: Quotes from Eileen

This is one of my favourite sayings...... one that always made me smile. Often appearing when a daily was late and had almost no replies then we all appeared in a group, and then Eileen logged back on and would simply post

"I like it when everyone's checked in!"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #12

Yes, I remember that one well Kazz. It's my one regret that a short while ago when I was absent and Eileen expressed worry and I got worried about people worrying about me, I felt that I had hurt her feelings. I'm sorry Eileen, I really didn't mean a rebuke, just didn't want folks like you to worry about me.

Catsey Veteran

04-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #13

Regarding jewellery:-
"You know how some women buy shoes when they're a bit depressed....I buy new earrings... "

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #14

Loving reading these. I can't face going through old posts yet, I still expect to log on here and see her pop up as online

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
06-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #15

We would often PM at length and at times I would log in purely to maintain contact with her infact, she was a diamond.All of these quotes have made me smile considerable amounts, she once made a very profound statement around the time of my fathers death via private message, in regards to death...it was about wings and freedom, and I can't for the life of me remember how it went.
I always felt she missed a vocation as a columnist, maybe if you get another go at this crazy old ride she'll end up as one, though I think she lived enough life in her time to ensure she wouldn't really want to come back again

Catsey Veteran

06-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #16

Regarding an alcoholic drink:-
"I take violent exception to Mr, Bond's dictum: in this house martinis are always stirred, not shaken! Bruises the gin! "

(of course the difference is that Eileen liked her martinis made with gin, not vodka!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
13-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #17

i havnt been on here for a while. had probs with my lapyop, i knew she was ill, but im now sitting here tears streaming down my face, we used to send each other silly jokes by email. think i sent her 1 last week. she was always 1 to comment on any pics i posted of the boys.
she was 1 hell of a lady. liked her alot.
strange how u can become attached to someone u have never met in R/L
a brave lady. ill miss her.

Catsey Veteran

15-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #18

I have rediscovered this entertaining thread http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php...hlight=ironing

and regarding ironing ....

"I iron NOTHING! If it needs ironing I don't buy it!!!"

and in response to MrsH's "I can hear DM groaning all the way from Washington!"

"LOL, and accompanied by eye rolling! I was even happier than my Dad when he retired, as I no longer had to iron those white long sleeved shirts!"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
15-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #19

i also dont iron!! only if its creased i need to, everything comes off the radiator or out the tumble dryer crease free so why the need i say!!