Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
13-12-2005, 09:07 PM   #11

Re: How many cats can you own?

I would suggest she contacts the local EH or Council.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
13-12-2005, 09:09 PM   #12

Councils do have restrictions all though they generally don't bother but you must be aware that if you have more animals than they allow they can make you reduce your numbers as you are breaking the tenancy agreement.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
14-12-2005, 01:06 AM   #13

in my local council area if you have a council house you are only allowed one cat and one dog - my house is an ex-council and in the deeds to the property it says I can only have one animal - but it also said that nobody had been prosecuted for breaking this rule before

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2005, 05:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
in my local council area if you have a council house you are only allowed one cat and one dog - my house is an ex-council and in the deeds to the property it says I can only have one animal - but it also said that nobody had been prosecuted for breaking this rule before
It is the same in the two different areas I have lived in too. I have known someone be told that they had to reduce their numbers else they faced eviction but there were other issues as well. I think if you don't cause any trouble for your neighbours there shouldn't be an issue.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2
15-12-2005, 03:48 AM   #15

I think the council is now saying that they will allow 2 animals per house no more ...any more then that & they will be removed. I know that when I spoke to a cat rescue in perth she was saying this & also the council are bringing an out side company to get rid of the feral colonys. I think theres going to be more councils following this path now.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2
15-12-2005, 08:40 PM   #16

If its council property then check your contract & it will state how many animals the council will allow tenants to have.

Catsey Veteran

16-12-2005, 05:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBll
If its council property then check your contract & it will state how many animals the council will allow tenants to have.
It does state how many animals you are allowed in a council house but many tenants go over this and don't have a problem. You just have to be aware that the council can demand you reduce your numbers or face eviction. This is unlikely if there are no complaints. All these comments refer to council properties not private.