Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
05-01-2006, 11:20 AM   #11

Re: for kay re: royal canin 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Smudgely - not sure about dogs, but for cats breed-specific is relevant as some have different health issues from others; propensity to kidney disease, furball issues, potential heart weaknesses. This is especially for pedigrees.

Would there be the same types of problems with different dog breeds?
Good point Yola - I hadn't thought of that.
In dogs, there are breeds that are prone to certain health problems, but the Labrador & the Golden Retriever are both retriever breeds & both prone to similar problems. Also I can't think of anything different about the dietary requirements for a Lab & a GSD. Both large breeds - & although possibly have different needs whilst growing - as an adult I can't see anything that is different between their needs. I'm sure there could be, but I'm not sure what they are Maybe I'll take a look on a bag of "labrador" & bag of "GSD" & a bag of "adult" and see if I can spot the difference.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #12

So is there anything wrong with Whiskas/Felix? My cats will only eat Felix. But must admit not tried the really expensive brands. Who feeds their cats just dry food?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
05-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #13

Nothing at all wrong with whiskas and felix Donna - my theory is, if your pet does well on a food & it suits them, then that's great. I prefer to feed just dry food. But my hubby often gives my cats some meat as a treat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-01-2006, 12:30 PM   #14

Ditto what Smudgely said. No problems at all with felix/whiskas or similar just that my cats used to get major squitts with wet food and we had meaty furballs everywhere . . . yuk!! The biscuits I feed them are specifically for persians and minimise the occurance of furballs hugely

Catsey Veteran

05-01-2006, 01:22 PM   #15

Thanks Smudgley, Thanks Yola!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
So is there anything wrong with Whiskas/Felix? My cats will only eat Felix. But must admit not tried the really expensive brands. Who feeds their cats just dry food?
My cats have both meat and biscuits. I don't really like the idea of feeding an all dry diet for either dogs or cats to be honest. Your cats look very well and have extremely shiny coats so obviously the food you are feeding them suits them well

Catsey Veteran

05-01-2006, 07:25 PM   #17

Yes thats true Fran. Best I stick to Felix!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
05-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Why is this food so special compared to anything else you can buy? Is it meat or biscuits or both?
Mine just seem to like the taste beter than anything else!!

I don't the idea of feeding a completely dry food diet either. However, Misty our Birman, tends to prefer to eat the dry food, whereas the others have a mixture of both. I feed them wet in the morning and evening and they have dry left down all day to 'graze' on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
05-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #19

my cats have wet cat food,and a bowl of dry to pick at when ever thay want,and my dog has dry,so he can pick at when ever he wants.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
08-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #20

at the moment i have a bowl of royal canin kitten 34 down all day i top it up ever morning and they both eat it. then 3 times a day i feed whiskers kitten to minx and adult (topped with kitten)to Scarlott