Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-02-2006, 06:23 AM   #11

Re: Anyone have 9 or more cats?

three, until tomorrow!

missmunnypenny, watch out or i may come catnapping,i'm only in rushden you know!!!!!

also have a hamster, two goldfisg five adult bunnies and three babies. oh do you count the kids too? the hubby deffo counts as an aniaml, especially when you see his tabble manners, or lack thereof i should say

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
22-02-2006, 10:15 AM   #12

Just Violet and a old fish we re-homed named Mr Chips which is in my daughters bedroom.

Two children.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
22-02-2006, 10:18 AM   #13

just the two cats...........for now
May add another kitten or 2 to the crew at the end of the year or early next year, as personally i don't find that much different having one to having mutiple, plus the fact its allways been more than usual to have three of four felines around the house and im a stickler for tradition

We also do have the two terriers and two rabbits ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
22-02-2006, 10:30 AM   #14

Just the one cat, i want more but Tigger is to old to have another cat in his life, plus he would probably kill it. oh n plus me mum aint getting anymore cats after Tigger is gone (oh well i will be getting 2 cats when i move out)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #15

No not 9 for me.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
22-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #16

HAd 7 cats for a couple of days, but wouldn't want that permanently - mind you, mine don't really get on - Molly and Tom will sleep fairly close on the bed but ignore each other the rest of the time (am sure they sleep so close to push me onto the cold half of the bed!!). And had 3 adults and 5 kittens for 5/6 weeks the other year - was soo glad when the kittens went. Cos I have had 6 cats for so long, it seems really quiet now there is only 4, and I can sit in my front room completely alone!! Vets bills mean I can only have 2 permanent - all the receptionists know me by voice (even the last new one knew me in a matter of weeks), and my vet just shouts out my first name rather than the cat or my surname now.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
22-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #17

I was offered a male 7 year old Burmese Cross today but have so fardeclined because I am very nervous that a cat of that age may not integrate with my two (8 year old Rosie (cat) and 10 year old Holly (dog). Maybe I am being selfish because I don't really think they need another companion. Do older strange cats get on together?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
22-02-2006, 04:54 PM   #18

Hi

I only take on oldies (and foster), and I find that they don't tolerate newcomers all that easily. I have had one that made my other cat be friends by plonking herself next to him when she felt like it, so his options were move or tolerate it. My vet has also said that older cats don't tend to be as tolerant.

Catsey Junior

22-02-2006, 10:46 PM   #19

ooh CJK, I've just got back from there! :O

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #20

9 Cats!!! Good God No!!! I Am Having Enough Troubles With 3!!!