Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH & DLH Tabbies
03-05-2006, 11:31 AM   #11

Re: Speed cameras

Google is being particularly unhelpful at the moment - the best link I can find is from the AA website ( http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/legal/speeding.html )

Quote:
This sign indicates that THE NATIONAL SPEED LIMIT applies, ie 60mph on a single carriageway, 70mph on a dual carriageway. You would expect to see this sign at the point where a lower limit ends. Remember that a lower limit than the NATIONAL SPEED LIMIT might still apply to you because of your vehicle or because you are drawing a trailer
Definitely 70 on a dual carriageway. No excuse for anyone speeding if you think the limit is lower than it actually is!

My mum got a speeding ticket for doing 35 in a 30 limit and was livid. Could be the difference between hitting a child and stopping in time in my opinion though. I'm a bit of a stickler for all rules though!

Catsey Senior

03-05-2006, 11:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Sometimes cameras don't process even though they appear to have taken the picture. I know hubby was snapped doing a stupid speed (banable) on the M4 on his way to Heathrow several years back and nothing came through. Maybe he was going too quick
I'm sure you have to be doing something like 180mph for the camera not to be able to register (or they can only take the first photo because you have disappeared by the second one? ) so hopefully not!!

There were reports a while ago that only a third of speed cameras will/can take photos - I don't think it was ever confirmed or not by anyone but it is obvious it is not 100%. Unfortunately, you can't tell which is which though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-05-2006, 11:50 AM   #13

I thought the national speed limit for example on dual carriageways was 60mph..

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-05-2006, 11:55 AM   #14

Found this info which may be helpful...... click here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-05-2006, 12:02 PM   #15

Thanks Mags, that clarifies things

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
03-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #16

I have been done for going through a 30mph camera at 33 which I thought was a bit harsh. Points and a penalty. Am extra careful now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
03-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #17

On the dual carrageway where the camera caught me, it was 70mph but changed it to 60mph at the end of last year. Ive never gone over that speed since they changed it! N they had cameras there but they never worked up untill last sunday! When i had to over take! Trust me, im bad luck!
Im just well dredding tellin me parents lol. If they dont shout then its fine!

Catsey Senior

03-05-2006, 12:20 PM   #18

It's 70 unless otherwise stated. We have a nice 30mph dual carriageway here (outside my old school) - that does feel slow! Hope your parents are okay when you tell them, Janey, I'm sure they'll understand.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
04-05-2006, 05:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
I have been done for going through a 30mph camera at 33 which I thought was a bit harsh. Points and a penalty. Am extra careful now!
so i hear but dont quote me is, that you are allowed to go over a certain speed, but you are registered on *the computer* and u get a few hits of the speeding, and each time its logged, and then u can be doing 3 miles over the speed limit and u will get a ticket, basically u have used up all your chances,
the answer is simple dont speed, i know easily said than done.