Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

08-05-2006, 10:57 AM   #11

Re: Litter advice please

Slinky does not like wood based litter

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH & DLH Tabbies
08-05-2006, 11:41 AM   #12

I use Yesterday's News and love it (although I do a thorough change more than once a week but maybe I'm a bit too fussy because it is in the kitchen?). I use the original (unscented) one because it is also for the rats (one of which has a constant upper respiratory infection) but I find it controls odour really well.

I find it tracks less than most but Murphy digs in it and throws it everywhere anyway - but the main bonus is that it doesn't hurt so much if you accidentally step on a bit (I used to used Biocatolet which is incredibly painful to step on!)

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
08-05-2006, 11:45 AM   #13

I am debating with YEsterdays NEws and PEttex - apparently Pettex is a fullers earth clumping litter. Smylees have recomended one called Ultra though, but it is £9.99 for 15kg (I normally get through 30kg of litter a week) - apparently they have a lot of breeders who use it though.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
21-05-2006, 04:06 PM   #14

have been meaning to update this - went for Yesterdays News, and as soon as I opened it I knew there were going to be probs, as it felt like woodbased. And I was right, Ginger dislikes it and uses behind the TV!! So will try Pettex next!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
21-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #15

im still using tescos cheapie and its working well, i am surprised. the cats like it so ill carry on using it,

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Moggie
21-05-2006, 10:19 PM   #16

i use clumping Catsan it masks the smell like moli said and its alot easyer to scoop up the nasty stuff lmao