Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
14-05-2006, 12:17 PM   #11

Re: Daily thread - Sunday

I hope Domi gets back to being sweet soon, Yola - it isn't any fun when they do that, is it?

We're off to a delicious lunch with two of our friends soon, yay Not sure what else we're doing today, I suspect we'll sit here looking self-satisfied. I have very little pain, which is surprising given the amount of physical labour I did yesterday! I think the new pills are actually working, but can't tell for sure yet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-05-2006, 05:01 PM   #12

Wonder if the dog-training idea would work with biting/pinching children (sure I must have gone through it but I really don't remember - suspect time has drawn a friendly veil over the nasty memories)
Just ignore. Always. Don't scream, don't reason, don't react. Continue with what you were doing, through the pain.
Positively reinforce good behaviour - 'oh, look at you being a good boy and reading your book quietly whilst mummy works/gardens/showers', 'it's so lovely when nice Dominik is here and plays nicely with daddy'.
Totally ignore the pinches (and the squeals ..... oh how horrible those are. But ignore, pretend you can't hear; don't worry about the neighbours!)
Good luck. They all grow up eventually - give it 30 years and you won't worry about him at all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
14-05-2006, 06:16 PM   #13

Afternoon to you all. Not long got back from being a photographer for the Neapolitan Mastiff judge at Birmingham championship show, sorry Neo fans, dont know how you could live with them!! Had a good day, bought the dogs some goodies, taken them out and now I am talking to you guys!
Dawn.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-05-2006, 11:43 PM   #14

Nite Moli.....
Nite Fran.....
Nite all.....sleep well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-05-2006, 11:49 PM   #15

Nite Mags.....
Nite PK..........Hope you sleep well..........
Nite all..............Sleep well...........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #16

Nite Mags, nite Moli, nite all x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
15-05-2006, 07:54 AM   #17

when my lisa was going through a screaming phase, i made her go n sit on the stairs, shut the door and yelled at her cant hear you, so she did it louder, called out still cant hear you. this went on for about 10 mins, in the end she was worn out but quiet, i just opened the door n said u finshed with all that u can come back in and play with this nice dolly, she did it a couple more times but got fed up as she wasnt getting the reaction she wanted. god knows what my neighbours thought, good luck with him my energetic grandson starts nursery on the 22nd of may, 2 hrs a day,