Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
15-05-2006, 01:40 PM   #11

Re: Daily Thread - Monday

Leaden skies and occaisional rain here today; bearable though!

Well, I must tell you about our visit to Chester. His human mum originally contacted me via my 'wanted' card in the vets. So, I hadn't met her, but spoke a few times on the phone. She has a 'fraffly, fraffly voice - that's all I knew. So, off we went this morning, found the house (could tell it was the right one from the (literally) dozens of kitty dishes stacked up which we could see through the window. The house is chaotic, the garden a wonderful jungle, with cat statues etc. I whispered to OH 'I knew she was a mad cat-woman - how wonderful'. Won't make any more remarks about her; I'd like to be a mad cat-woman too!
Well, it was wall to wall cats. One outside which skeddaddled into the greenery and we saw 4 inside, 2 ginger, one tortie and white and one dark tortie. Think there was one other somewhere.
I could go on, but it would prob bore you. Anyway, it appears that Chester is the ony smooth ginger boy, so that's great - no choice suits me, as long as the one available is what I want. He's a lovely colour - nice bright red with creamier stripes/patches. He's got a creamy mask-like stripe through his eyes, when views from the side.
She doesn't want any money for him, 'maybe just some cat food'. Looks like either Smudgley (CP) or MGFT will be getting another donation next month .....
Other than that it has been a quiet day ............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
15-05-2006, 02:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Leaden skies and occaisional rain here today; bearable though!

Well, I must tell you about our visit to Chester. His human mum originally contacted me via my 'wanted' card in the vets. So, I hadn't met her, but spoke a few times on the phone. She has a 'fraffly, fraffly voice - that's all I knew. So, off we went this morning, found the house (could tell it was the right one from the (literally) dozens of kitty dishes stacked up which we could see through the window. The house is chaotic, the garden a wonderful jungle, with cat statues etc. I whispered to OH 'I knew she was a mad cat-woman - how wonderful'. Won't make any more remarks about her; I'd like to be a mad cat-woman too!
Well, it was wall to wall cats. One outside which skeddaddled into the greenery and we saw 4 inside, 2 ginger, one tortie and white and one dark tortie. Think there was one other somewhere.
I could go on, but it would prob bore you. Anyway, it appears that Chester is the ony smooth ginger boy, so that's great - no choice suits me, as long as the one available is what I want. He's a lovely colour - nice bright red with creamier stripes/patches. He's got a creamy mask-like stripe through his eyes, when views from the side.
She doesn't want any money for him, 'maybe just some cat food'. Looks like either Smudgley (CP) or MGFT will be getting another donation next month .....
Other than that it has been a quiet day ............
Sounds like my Aunty Susan's house..and she lives down in Dorset too..
Glad you enjoyed your visit to chester!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
15-05-2006, 02:42 PM   #13

good day all.ive been out n done a bit of ME shopping bought a gypsy skirt a nice blue top. and a pair of jeans. spent a grand sum of 14-50

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
15-05-2006, 04:05 PM   #14

Oh wow DM, how lovely! I'm so glad you found your Chester finally, I've been waiting for him pretty much since I got here And he and Bentley will make a gorgeous pair.

He looks well worth the wait... And given you've got Bentley too now it's certainly been worth it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
15-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #15

Afternoon all,

Dull day to start but now it is sunny and warm here (little windy).

Today the rabbit run arrived so have put the bunny outside in the garden for a run about - easier than bringing him in for a run in the house as he is secure and safe away from the cats (although Chloe and Misty are nervous of him I have caught them swiping at him a few times!).

Kids have been collected from school and disappeared again - one to a friends and the other to the park so having a quck CP moment!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #16

So pleased everyone's day has been good. I've been to work been to the hospital on my last week this week, my blood pressue is up but I think thats due to doing too much worrying a lot and resting infrequently. I have been sworn into doing more of the last and less of the other two.

Anyhow its poured down all day here. I popped into the vets, to ask how much it is to have a cat spayed (recall the girl who has the roaming cat who I am donating food too well the cat is a female, hence the Tom cats I think so I have asked at the vet about spaying a cat. The vet was taken aback and said haven't I left it a little late as she is approaching 24 - I explained not Cleo. and we have come to an arrangement, just got to get the cats owner to agree now.

Anyhow while there I saw the "cat lady's hubby" who I donated some food to when I had Oz PTS. He was there having kitten checked out he had 5 kittens all approx he believes 6 weeks there were 3 black and white ones all long haired, a tabby and a ginger. I tell you if I were in the market I would have snatched his hand off the tabby and the ginger were adorable,short haired and boys (you may recall I am not keen on long haired cats don't know why) tis meeting may have been seen as kismet but I hardened my heart and walked away.

Came home foound Cleo in a tree Lord knows why, I called her and she popped down like a youngster of 17 or so. one nutty trouble making cat is enough for me.

DM sounds like you and Chester are made for each other and he is a gorgeous ginger boy the sort I picture when I think ginger. so congratulations. I am sure you will all be happy for many many years and when in 23 yeras you come home and find them both in a tree think of me.

Glad everyone had a good day even if it has rained.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-05-2006, 11:31 PM   #17

Nite everybody...Hope you all sleep well...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-05-2006, 11:36 PM   #18

Nite Moli...hope you sleep well

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-05-2006, 11:39 PM   #19

Nite PK.......
Nite Mags.........
Nite everyone...............

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-05-2006, 11:39 PM   #20

Nite Moli....
Nite Fran....sleep well...
Nite all!