Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
13-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #11

Re: Neighbours cat in a snare - no pictures

This is so s****y. I really feel for the owner, easpecially because of what has happened to me. When you dont know what has happened to your cat it's aufull. I really do hope she gets her other one back safe and sound.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
13-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #12

What a horrible thing to have happen, Emma I hope the cat feels better soon and that the owners find out what happened to the other one...

I knew a cat when I was small whose leg got trapped in a snare. She had to have it amputated

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
13-07-2006, 09:47 PM   #13

Poor cat. Those traps are so cruel it is sickening. Hope she recovers well. I also hope that she finds out what happened to her other cat, not knowing is awful. When one of our cats disappeared I phoned every place I could think of, vets RSPCA, CP, etc. I put posters up and I also phoned the local council to find out whether they had picked up any dead cats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
13-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #14

Well with regard to the other cat, it had been found (supposedly) on the main road after being hit by a car, cat was dead, the owner (Luke - young lad) found out about it and contacted the person who said he buried the cat, he just wanted to see where the cat was buried, and I think to have a bit of closure, contacted said person and they said no you cannot see where I have buried the cat, he asked why not and they admitted that they hadn't actually buried the cat but had put it in a bag and put it out in the council bin and it had been taken by the rubbish men So he will now never know if it was his cat or not. Very sad as he is a lovely lad and loves his cats. I hope it wasn't his cat and it does actually come home.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-07-2006, 09:56 PM   #15

How sad to be told that your beloved cat has been carted off by the rubbish men.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
13-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #16

Sad story all round.

Snares are nasty, I dont like them, have taken Dogs, Cats, Badgers and baby Deer out of them. This is one of the reasons I favour my ways for controlling Vermin, the use of dogs, although controversial for many, is very quick. I hate the thought of animals being left in the way many snared animals are. Strangely enough the RSPCA favour this method!
Dawn.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 x rescue cats
13-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #17

Sorry to hear about the poor cat and that there's still no firm news on the other cat - Luke did seem like a really nice lad (he was there when I was loading Boy into the car)

It sounds gross, but maggots actually only eat decomposing flesh and were used to help in healing back in the old days - so may have actually helped the poor cat's injuries not to be worse, by taking away the bad bits. Hope it recovers soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
13-07-2006, 10:41 PM   #18

Yes he is a really nice lad, the sort you would be proud to have as a son, unlike some youngesters!. His parents are really nice, couldn't imagine they would put up with any rubbish from their children.

The cat is recovering well but slowly.