Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
09-08-2006, 09:46 PM   #11

Re: Things that annoy you

4x4 drivers?? I hope the "people carrier" drivers do too, especially as they have as big a engine if not bigger than the 4x4's and often emit more gases!! Thats what annoys me, people carrier people!!
Dawn,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-08-2006, 10:55 PM   #12

Raucous loud teenagers on the bus and subway...people who pronounce FeBREWary as FebYOUary...people whose every other word in a sentence is "like" or "y'know"...people who don't scoop after their dogs...bigots in all shape and form...and more

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-08-2006, 11:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
4x4 drivers??
If we didn't have a 4x4, we would struggle to take our horse to the equine unit, farrier etc He weighs in at around almost 3/4 tonne that's a lot of horse to tow without a 4x4 I would happily not have a 4x4, the higher running costs, higher road tax etc are things I could do without. I think we suffer enough for owning a 4x4 !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
09-08-2006, 11:52 PM   #14

4x4's are great in certain circumstances in my opinion i think alot of people have good uses for them eg Farmers, its not the car its the driver

Tom

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
10-08-2006, 06:29 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
If we didn't have a 4x4, we would struggle to take our horse to the equine unit, farrier etc He weighs in at around almost 3/4 tonne that's a lot of horse to tow without a 4x4 I would happily not have a 4x4, the higher running costs, higher road tax etc are things I could do without. I think we suffer enough for owning a 4x4 !
Our kennels are down a country lane, it frequently in the winter is impassible to normal cars, how many people would be happy to see us in a normal car and UNABLE to get their pet to a Vet because of the lane? The 4x4 has no difficulty getting through snow, deep water etc..
Dawn.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-08-2006, 03:16 PM   #16

I find inconsiderate pushchair drivers infuriating! They catch your ankles, stop and chat and hog the whole pavement, supermarket aisle etc. Those telephone answering systems 'press 1' etc drive me nuts (also the so called calming music when you are on hold), stupid people who leave dogs in hot cars........... I could carry on But wont!!

I will add, that I agree with Mags about the please and thankyou! It does not take long and no effort at all!

Rant over!

I dont mean to upset anyone about the pushchairs! It is when they hog the pathway etc. Mind you, me not having kids, I dont understand fully what it is like to push one also they probably have thier minds on other things. Still makes me grumpy though! LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #17

Being a pushchair AND 4x4 driver I must be the bane of everyone's life

I'll keep this general; sloppiness annoys me. 1/2 doing a job or doing it badly. If you're going to do it for gawd's sake make sure you finish it!!

Rudeness, not just rudeness but inconsiderate rudeness. People that (for instance) cut you up with their car, don't indicate, don't say please and thank you. Staring - I hate people that gawp at you as if you have 2 heads (Ferarri driving Ralph Fiennes lookalikes and excluded from this . . .yeah right)!!

I have a strong dislike of white van drivers (the typical one - certainly there are many tradesmen that don't fall into this category, but I'm sure you all know the type I mean). They wear their 'badge of slobbishness' with pride - they're the epitome of bad driving and everything that's bad about men in this country. Rude, arrogant, badly groomed, sexist, racist and lacking in any kind of personal pride.

Rant over

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #18

You know, I think we can almost summarize this: what annoys us is rudeness, lack of common courtesy and the "me first" attitude.... yes?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #19

I agree there Eileen.....those three just about covers all aspects!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
10-08-2006, 07:11 PM   #20

I HATE non disabled drivers that take disabled bays. I have been known to knock on a van ask if they are disabled (normally white van men) then ask them to MOVE .

Bad manners, ignorance and racists. Oh and people so far up themselfs that they cant see day light