Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 Mad Moggies
27-08-2006, 09:09 AM   #11

Re: Almost stole a cat!

Hi all

My eldest cat Mister used to bring a lady friend home, they were inseparable, i didn't steal her but i certainly didn't turf her out either, she ate here and she slept here then they would both go off together, never did find out where she came from or if she belonged to anyone.....then 1 day she just disappeared, ever since then Mister goes wandering alot more and for alot longer.

I posted a MISSING thread, he was gone for 2 weeks....he turned up last night BUT!!!!! i think someone is trying to steal him, every time i put a collar on him it disappears and i am not amused at all!!!!! Not you is it AZ?????????

So....i can see it from both sides

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-08-2006, 09:53 AM   #12

Jules - I'm SO happy Mister's back. You must be so delighted and relieved!

And on a cat-nicking note - our previous neighbours had 2 cats, one a tuxedo and one a tabby n white (mum and son). The tabby-white was a vicious old sod but Treacle was a tiny little thing, and so sweet and lovely it was untrue. Now the cats were not neglected but not quite as loved as I would have like to see.

Well, Treacle took up with us and spent ages lying under our radiators and sleeping on the beds. Treacle was instrumental in our neighbours and us becoming excellent friends . . . sadly she was the victim of an RTA in the little Suffolk village they moved to earlier this year

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
27-08-2006, 10:13 AM   #13

I started feeding my nieghbours 2 cats about 2 months ago which are out day and nite all weathers..one of them came in last nite and explored the house ,so if my Millie lets her she may move in

John

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
27-08-2006, 11:31 AM   #14

Yep - I took a cat home one night cos I thought it was stray, but when I went knocking on doors the day after I found his rather worried owners!! Thanks to that though, they actually did take him to the vet, they assumed his thinness was due to age, but it turned out to be due to a thyroid prob. Ginger was picked up off the streets, weeks after my mum told his 'owner' and he hadn't even noticed. All mine have collars with tags, so hopefully no one would try and take them home (and they wouldnt' get near the girls or Tom, I Can't most of the time when they are out!!), but Ginger is a concern, as he loves going into people's houses.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Black & White
30-08-2006, 12:42 AM   #15

I always 'adopt' the neighbours cats as in the past hubby wouldn't let us have one. I've never gone as far as letting them in the house, but have been very tempted lots of times. One that struck my heart strings the most, was a large ginger tom called Tiger. He was stunning, and extremely friendly too. It turned out that the lass across the road from me, worked for CPL and he was one of her foster cats. (She adopted him herself not long after) I've moved miles away from them now, so I often wonder if he still visits my old house.. and if he does, that they're as kind to him as I was...