Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
31-03-2007, 05:10 PM   #11

Re: M&S Pet Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmadjax
THIS IS NOT GOOD, I am with M&S too! have been for 3 years, my one cat is 17 and i have had alot of vets fees, I find them extremley slow in paying up! The other cat has no excess and ive not had a letter to say otherwise???? I pay very high premiums for my older cat, about £11 per month and £6.50 for the other 5 year old. I think i might ring them about this.
Let me know what they say if you do call them Jax.

They can't change the policy terms mid-way through your policy, so you probably won't get a letter about it until your renewal comes up

Good luck!!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short hair
01-04-2007, 05:31 PM   #12

I sure will let you know what happends, I am ringing them tomorrow. And I will check out my policy details tonight.

Catsey Veteran

13-04-2007, 02:04 PM   #13

A BIG apology to M&S insurance from me.

I had to ring them today to ask for a claim form for Abi and whilst I was on the phone I asked them about why they have changed their no-excess policy. The guy said that they haven't.

Even though the covering letter and policy document now says £50 excess - there is one line right at the bottom of the schedule that says "the vetinary fees excess is reduced to NIL"

He said that they have had to change the way that it's worded by law - but they haven't taken away the no-excess.

Yippppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #14

Full marks to M & S Insurance!!

Pleased that it's turned out well for you Charlie!

Catsey Veteran

30-07-2007, 11:37 AM   #15

Going back to this topic.................M&S have now changed their policy and they no longer give "no excess".

I had the renewal through for one of the cats at the weekend and it has an excess on it of £50.00. I called them to ask if this was right or not (bearing in mind what they told me in April) and the lady said that they have now abolished the nil excess idea, as they were getting so many claims for low amounts.

They can't change your policy terms mid-way through, but as soon as they are coming up for renewal they are putting an excess on them.

I told her that I'm going to shop around now!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
30-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #16

One of our nurses is with M&S and she got a letter a few weeks back - needless to say she's not impressed either!

All of mine are insured with Pet Protect, and while they may be slightly more expensive, I can't fault them! Only thing is my excess is quite high, at £60 for Amber, and £70 for Max.

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #17

After doing some research I have decided to insure with AXA now. They actually underwrite the M&S policies, so it's exactly the same policy for a fraction of the price. It's £7 per month instead of the £11.69 that M&S has gone up to. There is a £50 excess.

I wanted to stick with a policy that covers the extras that M&S do..............complementary therapies, behavioural treatment and special diets................just in case!!!