Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #11

Re: My garden today - excuse the rain

Yes it is dog safe - the wall goes down the left right from back to front but with fencing with trellis in between as you can see the top of the garden by the gates is fencing to the ground. And down the right side.

Erin this is what itlooked like when Sal was about 2 about 3 years ago

The grass was slowly going even then but when Tess arrived - two bitches wetting and messing on the grass not good. Hence the fence went up. I am replacing the gravel with block paving too - better for sitting on, may do that in the shape of circle.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
18-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #12

Its gorgeous Kazz,it looked good it that last pic too,did sal and tess not dig? Our lawn is just 1 massive pot hole,I was hanging the washing out last week sometime and nearly broke my neck,I stepped back into one of thier hole
We do re fill them but they just follow behind us digging.
Im seriously going to talk with Ed about having paved,maybe now he will believe that 2 terriers are not going to grow out of digging!!
Your garden is lovely.
I bet having ours paved over will make it look bigger too,and soooo much cleaner,it turns into one big mud pit when it rains!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #13

It's lovely Kazz, really lovely! So clean, tidy and organised

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #14

Oh I am soooo jealous Karen lol! Your garden is simply stunning. I would love to get rid of my grass but cost prohibits!!

Catsey Veteran

18-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
Its gorgeous Kazz,it looked good it that last pic too,did sal and tess not dig? Our lawn is just 1 massive pot hole,I was hanging the washing out last week sometime and nearly broke my neck,I stepped back into one of thier hole
We do re fill them but they just follow behind us digging.
Im seriously going to talk with Ed about having paved,maybe now he will believe that 2 terriers are not going to grow out of digging!!
Your garden is lovely.
I bet having ours paved over will make it look bigger too,and soooo much cleaner,it turns into one big mud pit when it rains!

Sal never dug - she was an angel then the devil came for dinner - Tess! and led her astray or maybe Sal was just waiting for someone else to throw the blame onto the start her digging career not sure. But Tess and garden do not go together she digs I fill, she digs and I fill. Worst Sal did alone was bring back the bizzy lizzies I planted one by one But Tess was a digger born and bred. Plus two bitches not good for grass. The slabbing makes it so much easier winter summer regardless rain/snow/sun no difference.I reccomend it with the dogs. Makes a mud bath into an enjoyable space like DM has done. I did consider decking but Tess (she is my deil in disguise)has a habit of chewing wood. God she is good that pup of mine but at 3 she is finaly settling down - somewhat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
18-06-2007, 06:42 PM   #16

Gorgeous Karen, your garden always looks so neat and tidy!!

Catsey Veteran

18-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Oh I am soooo jealous Karen lol! Your garden is simply stunning. I would love to get rid of my grass but cost prohibits!!
I did it bit by bit Alex got the first 50p slabs which are the path from the arch/gate to the main gate, making a great path so solid they are about 4" thick those slabs. Then put the slabs down for the car - reusing the orginal path slabs then started to block pave if you look you can see two different block pavers brought them as I could afford them. Surprised how quickly you can build up quanaties leveling off slowly and surely. But yours loooks lovely as it is but with your levels decking may well be better - easier to work with.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
18-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #18

Your garden looks fabulous Kazz!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-06-2007, 11:31 PM   #19

Your garden is beautiful Kazz, so neat and tidy....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
19-06-2007, 08:04 AM   #20

that is 1 lovely garden wish mine was like that