Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #11

Re: He's here!

What a gook link, Alex; thanks for posting! I'd never heard of this breed also; lovely cats, aren't they?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
25-06-2007, 09:18 AM   #12

Awww they are gorgeous, just look at that fur!

Cannot wait for pics x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-06-2007, 09:38 AM   #13

Cats with perms LOL!!!

They are lovely looking kitties aren't they. I'm quite excited that we're going to have one here

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
25-06-2007, 09:50 AM   #14

Pousse is all growly at the moment so I am spending lots of time with her and giving her treats and cuddles

Quando (TICA Champion Catbalu Quando to give him his full title) is settling in fine - he likes sitting on the window sill in "his" room at night and during the day he sleeps under the bed although he comes out for fuss and cudddles when I call him. He's pretty soppy and I think he will be the submissive one but very nervous about introducing them and wondering now if I have done the right thing.

Plan is to open his door once I receive all clear from vet and just leave it - not pushing any contact with either of them. The room he is in is the spare one and Pousse rarely goes in there. I thought by doing that they will investigate each other in their own time? What do you think? I will feed them seperately and have separate poo palaces for the moment

All advice welcomed - the support I've had from you all has been very much appreciated

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #15

Congratulations on your new arrival!!! I hope all goes well at the vets and with the introduction to Pousse

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-06-2007, 11:42 AM   #16

Soupie, have you got a cage you can put Quando in, bring it into the room with Pousse and let her sniff round the cage and get used to his smell before you introduce them both face to face?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-06-2007, 11:43 AM   #17

My sister has a Devon Rex because they're not as allergy-provoking to her allergic OH. I don't know the difference between them and Selkirk, so I'm looking forward to seeing Quando's pic (don't know when though - poor multilingual pun)

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
25-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Soupie, have you got a cage you can put Quando in, bring it into the room with Pousse and let her sniff round the cage and get used to his smell before you introduce them both face to face?

I have my travel carrier? Would that be ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
My sister has a Devon Rex because they're not as allergy-provoking to her allergic OH. I don't know the difference between them and Selkirk, so I'm looking forward to seeing Quando's pic (don't know when though - poor multilingual pun)
Selkirks are not hypoallergenic and have a longer coat I believe There are some pics on former owner's website
www.british-shorthair.org.uk

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-06-2007, 12:03 PM   #19

They are beauties, first time I have seen one of those, I used a cage to introduce kittens......Looking forward to seeing your new boy!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupie
I have my travel carrier? Would that be ok?
Yes, that should be ok to start with ........good luck, it may take a while before Pousse is happy with the new situation..