Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
02-07-2007, 03:20 PM   #11

Re: Monday daily

smudgley What kind of car are you looking for?

Long story, but basically a very big one. Something that can be used for work with room for all the gear we carry, but also double up as a family vehicle too. Looking at 5 different ones at the moment, finally kind of agreed to the one we want - but they reckon we won't get them til December. ..................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-07-2007, 04:27 PM   #12

I almost feel guilty mentioning the weather, as you lot seem to be having yet more rain! It's a gorgeous sunny day here, unseasonably cool for July - 19C ! Just my usual day, market, etc., some gardening later. Something ( I of course suspect the squirrel!) has taken a big bite out of my first ripening tomato... ! I am very annoyed...had my teeth set for it!
Hope it stops raining soon; enjoy the afternoon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
02-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #13

Smudgley. I have a Zafira. Great boot space and a 7 seater. I'm on my second now but next time I'm going for a change. Six years with the same make. Just being fickle. There quite reasonably priced too and good mileage. What have you plumped for?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
02-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Smudgley. I have a Zafira. Great boot space and a 7 seater. I'm on my second now but next time I'm going for a change. Six years with the same make. Just being fickle. There quite reasonably priced too and good mileage. What have you plumped for?
The zafira doesn't give us enough space in the boot for carrying the dogs / puppies. I currently use an Astra estate but it's crap really space wise for what I need & we asked if we can get bigger vehicles next time. Because it's a company car it needs to primarily be fit for work, but also have space for the family when it's used for private use. We carry loads of stuff, portable ultrasound scanner, large weighing scales, whelping beds, dog crates, puppy panels.... that's just some of it So at the mo it's a nightmare.

we have looked at the
Ford SMax
Citroen dispatch van (with seats in back)
Vw transpoter van (with seats in back)
Merc dualiner
Peugot van.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
02-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #15

What have you orderd then? You said you cant get it til Dec. That seem's like a very long time.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-07-2007, 06:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I almost feel guilty mentioning the weather, as you lot seem to be having yet more rain! It's a gorgeous sunny day here, unseasonably cool for July - 19C ! Just my usual day, market, etc., some gardening later. Something ( I of course suspect the squirrel!) has taken a big bite out of my first ripening tomato... ! I am very annoyed...had my teeth set for it!
Hope it stops raining soon; enjoy the afternoon!
Oh dear Eileeen.....commiserations about your tomato, I know how much you were looking forward to that first bite...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-07-2007, 07:07 PM   #17

Evening all. Been an on/off sort of day here with the rain! When the sun came out between rainshowers it was lovely and warm. I'm absolutely knackered now, I need OH to come back from Scotland 'cause I'm sore and exhausted. He should hopefully be back this week at some point, thought I'm more worried about him travelling now! Just done the shopping and bill runs today so nothing exciting lol! Hope everyone has a good evening.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-07-2007, 07:43 PM   #18

Saw a nice car on the motorway the other day Smudgely; GMAX (Ford). It looked roomy and practical and I thought of you - coz I know you were looking at a Ford. Would that one be any good?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-07-2007, 07:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Saw a nice car on the motorway the other day Smudgely; GMAX (Ford). It looked roomy and practical and I thought of you - coz I know you were looking at a Ford. Would that one be any good?

Now I saw one of those the other day too while I was hanging around the Ford garage waiting for my sister - her Ford was being serviced. Looked roomy too me to Yola.

Which is your preference then Smudgley - and on another ote what do the Guid dogs do with their old cars? do they sell them on just as thought as a dog owner

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-07-2007, 07:50 PM   #20

Oh being raining here too. I am off work went back to get my arm checked out on Friday to discover it has/is not healing as expected and had to visit the fracture clinic today back on Thursday where they will decide if they need to operate and either add pins/screw or do a bone graft - or better still LEAVE IT alone.