Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-07-2007, 09:40 AM   #11

Re: How did you pick out your Cat's names?

Cleo has always been Cleo no idea why just looked right for her
Oscar was Flynn for a day or thereabouts, but it did not suit him - so Oscar he became I have no idea where the name came from just he looked at me and that was it.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #12

Baliero (Balie) - named after the 'Songs of the Auvergne' song Bailero . . . we changed the spelling a little. It's a lovely haunting song which invokes mists, and soft, rolling hills. Nothing like a blue persian really, but it's a song that means a lot to us.

Firenza (Fifi) - kind of a corruption of Firenze, one of the most stunning cities in the world. Plus she's a very posh looking cat and it kind of suited her.

Ferdinand (Ferdy) - I let OH chose our old black ex-stray's name . . .we couldn't keep on calling him blackcat once he actually came to live with us. So he named him after Doctor Porsche RIP

Darcy - called Dusty when we got him from CP. I didn't like that name, but didn't want to change it too radically from what he was familiar with hence Darcy. And he was a cat with real attitude and such a scowl that he immediately reminded me of Mr Darcy from Pride and Prejudice

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #13

Cassie ........ for the simple reason that I loved the name!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
10-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #14

The first 2 cats I had were called Pepsi and Tizer (after the soft drinks)
Then we had Tabby (because she was a tabby ) and BlackJack after the chewy sweet and he was black

Then we got Mitzi - I don't know why we called her that, it just suited her, over the years it was shortened to Mitz and now we call her Mit.

Tango - keeping with the soft drink theme, and the you've been Tangoed adverts were about at the time - since hes ginger we called him Tango
Rio - Also a soft drink
Rags and Bones - because when we rescued them they looked very scruffy like the old rag and bone men.
Courtney - Just because its a pretty name and she was a very pretty cat.
Hooch - another drink that was popular at the time
Chi - because it means energy, and she had lots!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
10-07-2007, 01:26 PM   #15

Leo....is my sons cat and was names after his birth sign..
Merlin was always up to mischief and the name suited him...
Oliver was always hungry..
Casper was cream when we got him, so looked like Casper the ghost.
Chancer....Took a chancer moving in here with 3 dogs and 4 cats! so became Chancer....

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Long hair
10-07-2007, 08:18 PM   #16

Wow, so many cool names ^_^. Sadly o.o I forgot a kitty T_T We only had her for like 3 days, but a stray cat came up to us and we named it Mrs.kitty, I don't know why o.o;;

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
10-07-2007, 11:44 PM   #17

Myself and OH are opera buffs and most of our previous cats ar named after characters from our favourite operas! Well except Misty, I just liked that nme, although there are lots of cats called Misty!! Sidney & Sasha already had their names and we decided not to change them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
10-07-2007, 11:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Baliero (Balie) - named after the 'Songs of the Auvergne' song Bailero . . . we changed the spelling a little. It's a lovely haunting song which invokes mists, and soft, rolling hills. Nothing like a blue persian really, but it's a song that means a lot to us.
Yola, what a lovely description of 'Songs of the Auverne'. They are beautiful and Bailero is my favourite too.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
11-07-2007, 11:26 PM   #19

We have named all our kitties after wrestlers(my fiance has been a wrestling fan since he was younger and finally got me to watch some with him about a month before getting AJ and Raven and i got hooked so they had to be named after our favourite wrestlers!)

AJ- he is named after my favourite wrestler AJ Styles

Raven- named after one of my fiances favourite wrestlers

Rhino-again named after one of our fave wrestlers!

the last chap will most likely be named after a wrestler too(we are thinking Hernandez for him) but want to wait until we meet him to decide properly!

think any future kitties will be named after wrestlers too to keep with the theme i already have a name picked out for if i ever manage to get my hands on a sphynx!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
28-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #20

Denis because he was a menace as a kitten