Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdoll x
05-08-2007, 07:41 PM   #11

Re: Another Jaffa update

Yes he'll always be my no 1 boy...and it doesn't bother me if he has brain damage as long as he isn't suffering.
We are in the process of sorting a outdoor run with access from the back window so that the cats will all be 'inddor cats' but with limited safe access to some fresh air!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
05-08-2007, 07:50 PM   #12

Glad Jaffa is recovering well with respect to his eating etc, maybe the whole episode has just knocked the wind out of him and changed his character?? as you say though it won't matter as he is well looked after and he will be very happy regardless.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
06-08-2007, 09:12 AM   #13

I'd say keep an open mind as to whether he is brain damaged or if it is permanent - he may well (I hope) continue to improve for some time. Try to 'do things' with him, so that he is stimulated rather than assume that he can't interact.
Pleased to hear that his physical recovery is going well.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
06-08-2007, 09:33 AM   #14

thats great hes recovering. I know its easier said than done but try not to worry about him being brain damaged - it can take some time to heal the brain so hopefully he just needs lots of recuperation time. At least he is eating, and doing the toilet alright - thats a great idea to keep the cats indoors now with safe access outside - it will give you loads of peace of mind.

Please give Jaffa a great big kiss and hug from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
06-08-2007, 09:49 AM   #15

Hi Nikki, years ago, I had a cat that suffered very similar injuries to Jaffa. The vets said he should never have survived the accident as his injuries were so horrific. He was left with a cleft palatte which he had repaired more times than I care to think about and that is in the end why I had him put to sleep as he was tired of the operations, that just never worked and I felt enough was enough and he had little quality of life due to operation after operation but getting back to the point, he was left blind in one eye, he regained sight in the other eye and was left somewhat apparantly brain damaged. Over time he did almost get back to his former self but I'm talking quite a long time before we really saw the 'old Benson' back with us so don't give up hope. Plenty of love and stimulation and I'm sure you will see small improvements as the weeks roll by {{{Hugs to you and Jaffa}}} x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
06-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #16

I'm glad he's improving. Give him a hug from us if he's not too sore. Regarding the brain damage, I hope he's not and even if he is aslong as he's not suffering then he's okay?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-08-2007, 04:39 PM   #17

I'm happy he's improving physically, and hang in there, his brain function may well return to somewhat more normal as time passes...the brain is an amazing thing! With all your TLC and stimulation, who knows...(((hugs))) to you both.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
06-08-2007, 04:43 PM   #18

I'm glad to hear that he's healing physically. I hope that the mental healing will come with time and that he'll return more to normal. Fran's story gives some hope

Give him hugs and kisses from us, and keep us posted with how he gets on at the vets this week.