Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-08-2007, 11:45 PM   #11

Re: Your gonna think Im stupid but......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
I will,if I get to sleep before ed gets home that is
I have no idea why I hate them so much,I know they cant hurt me.
I would rather jump out of a plane than so much as even touch a spider,i get all freaked out and start getting sweaty palms even when they are on Telly!!
That's the way I feel too, Erin; when there's a pic of one in a magazine I have to turn the page quickly! And Black Widow and Brown Recluse spiders are poisonous, although I don't know if you have them in the UK...I hope not!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
29-08-2007, 11:51 PM   #12

((((((hugs))))))) x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
29-08-2007, 11:51 PM   #13

I'm with you there as far as spiders go. They freak me out. Once when OH was away I noticed a spider on the bedroom ceiling while I was reading in bed. I crept out of the room( quietly so that it wouldn't notice) got the vacuum cleaner, held the nozzle against the ceiling and sucked it up.

Then I switched the light off and settled down to sleep, suddenly had a thought! and put the light on again. That spider might creep out of the vacuum cleaner and lie in wait for me somewhere! So I got one of OH's socks and stuffed it in the end of the vacuum cleaner tube, only then could I settle down to sleep

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
30-08-2007, 12:05 AM   #14

I'm sending Tucker over right now, he is ACE at catching spiders, never misses, and he eats them!

Seriously though, I hope you don't worry yourself too much, and you're not as silly! I'm scared of people in big novelty mascot type suits and everyone laughs at me and think i'm weird but they just really freak me out! Always have done since being little, I don't really know why I just get a shiver up my spine I HATE them! I'd much rather be scared of spiders at least it is a rational fear!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-08-2007, 02:07 AM   #15

Random, were you frightened by a clown when you were a child? I've heard of people who were, and that could easily carry over to people in grotesque mascot suits...I think they're kind of creepy myself.....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
30-08-2007, 08:53 AM   #16

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-08-2007, 10:53 AM   #17

Erin - could you use this device? If so, it could help you cope when Ed's not around.
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/product.aspx/!20455

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
30-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #18

Thanks for that link DM it does look very interesting Kel Jerry is usually ace a catching spiders,and so is Milo for a kitten really.Its just the spider was right at the top of the wall and Jerry jumped up for it but it just fell on the floor and ran and all 3 of the cats missed it oh and dont worry about your phobia mate,my brother is absolutely terrified of cotton wool