Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-02-2008, 09:21 PM   #11

Re: What Billy did next...

I was going to suggest a bite. The only thing that made me suspect this is several years ago one of my cats became under the weather and off her food, she also had a limpish tail. It turned out she had a bite wound in her tail but seriously, you would have needed a magnifying glass to find it but the vet did! Hopefully now he has had antibiotics, he will start to improve. Special cuddles for him tonight for his poorly war wound x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Cross-breed (Maine Coon)
04-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
I was going to suggest a bite. The only thing that made me suspect this is several years ago one of my cats became under the weather and off her food, she also had a limpish tail. It turned out she had a bite wound in her tail but seriously, you would have needed a magnifying glass to find it but the vet did! Hopefully now he has had antibiotics, he will start to improve. Special cuddles for him tonight for his poorly war wound x
Thank you Fran . He was starting to put weight on it within a few hours of coming home from the vet so I am hopeful that he medication and a few days indoors will see him as right as rain

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-02-2008, 09:48 PM   #13

Good news, Gaina! Hope he'll be back to completely normal very soon, (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-02-2008, 11:28 PM   #14

Excellent news Gaina. Glad to hear Billy is on the mend. Bet you're glad you took him to the vet, even if it was costly! Fran's post about her cat is similar to what happened to Merlin years ago, but I didn't spot the problem until after the abscess developed - Merlin very nearly lost his tail. Luckily it did heal and he got the use of his tail back. So a stitch in time really does save a lot of pain for your cat!

Catsey Junior

05-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Excellent news Gaina. Glad to hear Billy is on the mend. Bet you're glad you took him to the vet, even if it was costly! Fran's post about her cat is similar to what happened to Merlin years ago, but I didn't spot the problem until after the abscess developed - Merlin very nearly lost his tail. Luckily it did heal and he got the use of his tail back. So a stitch in time really does save a lot of pain for your cat!
Hello Angeih,

Yes I like to err on the side of caution, and I don't mind the vets thinking I'm an over-protective mummy, but fortunately they are very understanding and most of them are 'cat people' too, which is great .

He's using the paw normally today and begging me to go outside, but I shall not relent - vet says give it til Wednesday before he goes out and that's what I shall do!

He looked like he was desperate to go out this morning to his special place - not for weewee's - and I didn't want him to be uncomfortable so I asked mum to take him to his potty area then bring him in again (I couldn't take him myself as wheelchairs tend not to agree with grass! ) but he was just faffing about so we brought him in again and he used his tray .

He is quite frank about how utterly bored he is but I think he understands it's for his own good - he soon forgets what he was complaining about and goes back to sleep! haha

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #16

I'm sure Billy will thank you in the long run Gaina, now his poorly paw is getting better. Well done for not relenting and letting him out - not sure what weather is like where you live, but has been v. wet and windy here - the sort of weather that keeps cats indoors anyway - sensible creatures!

Catsey Junior

05-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I'm sure Billy will thank you in the long run Gaina, now his poorly paw is getting better. Well done for not relenting and letting him out - not sure what weather is like where you live, but has been v. wet and windy here - the sort of weather that keeps cats indoors anyway - sensible creatures!
That's exactly it, angieh! It is wet and windy here, so he would have just stuck his nose outside, snorted in disgust then spent ten minutes telling me off for letting it rain!

Cats, no pleasing them!