Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #11

Re: Can anyone help please? Balance problem with my cat.

Good luck at the vets on Tuesday, I hope they will be able to find out what's wrong with Cybill.

Meanwhile healing vibes and gentle cuddles being sent to Cybill..

Welcome to Catsey

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #12

So sorry to hear that Cybill is not well. I did think about a wee stroke, but if blood clot has been ruled out ..... my cat Merlin had a small stroke some while ago and has recovered from that. I would think that the x-ray will reveal the problem and hope all goes well on Tuesday. ***HUGS*** to you and your family and Cybill too of course.

Welcome to Catsey - there are plenty of kind people here as I hope you will find out for yourself!

Cats owned: Female, short haired
24-02-2008, 07:35 AM   #13

Dinahsmum, Mags and Angieh, Thankyou for your kind words. x Thought I'd write a little update, She is a lot quicker on her feet and not as unsteady this morning, she wanted some fresh air yesterday so I took her out into the garden for a short while. I happened to see her using her tray yesterday evening for a poo (sorry for too much info!) and she seemed to pull over to the side as she was doing it and there wasn't much there, she also looked surprised?? I don't know if/how that could be connected or whether that could be due to the Metacam cos on thursday evening when she got home she went and that was as normal but I will mention it to the vets. Thanks again everyone. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-02-2008, 08:52 AM   #14

Glad to hear she is a little better. With regards to the poo thing, I dont know if it would be connected either but I think at this stage all things are relevant. Might be an idea to keep a little diary of her movements and behaviours over the next few days. You never know it might just help towards finding the cause.
Thankyou for keeping us updated, hugs and cuddles to both of you. xxx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Glad to hear she is a little better. With regards to the poo thing, I dont know if it would be connected either but I think at this stage all things are relevant. Might be an idea to keep a little diary of her movements and behaviours over the next few days. You never know it might just help towards finding the cause.
Thankyou for keeping us updated, hugs and cuddles to both of you. xxx
Excellent idea about keeping a diary of Cybill's movements Elaine ....it is so easy to forget the little things when you get to the vet..

Pleased to hear she is slightly better today Cybs1...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
24-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #16

Welcome to Catsey. I am glad that Cybill seems a bit better. My mum's chihuahua, Robbie, is very unsteady on his legs and that started with his hind legs but now occassionally affects his front ones as well This has been put done to his arthritis so it may well be the same with Cybill, I know my mum puts drops on his food that does help but I can'r remember what they are. I will find out for you and you could mention it when you go back to the vets. Good luck.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
24-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #17

Just checked with my mum and it is Metacam she puts on Robbie's food. It certainly helps him but it did take quite a while before the effects showed up. He still has good and bad days but that is how arthritis is as I can vouch for.

Cats owned: Female, short haired
27-02-2008, 09:17 AM   #18

Hi everyone.Took Cybs back to the vet last night, they still don't know what the prob is but she is a lot better. They have told us to keep her on the Metacam untill its been 14 days and then see how she is once it's finished if all is well we've got to take her back in a month for a check up but if she seems to worsen to make an appointment asap. They didn't want to do the x-ray this time but said it will be the 1st port of call if we do need to take her back. Thanks to all of you for your very kind words. I really appreciate it. Hugs to all. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-02-2008, 11:01 AM   #19

These unresolved problems are so frustrating! Still, if the metacam is working that's a good thing. It sounds like your vet really is taking good care of you and Cybill and is working hard to eliminate all possible causes.

I was especially interested to read all of this as one of my cats has developed a limp in her back, right leg - I'll be speaking with the vet about this during her check up on Saturday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-02-2008, 12:03 PM   #20

Thanks for the update cybs1 - glad to hear Cybill is mending. Merlin has been on Metacam for a long while now and, while I am aware of the possible problems with it, he has always been better with it than without it. I guess your vet didn't want to do an x-ray as probably it would have meant Cybill would have to have an anaesthetic which is always a bit of a risk especially for an older cat.

***HUGS*** to you and Cybill. Hope she continues to get better.