Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-03-2008, 09:46 PM   #11

Re: Baby Dandy

That's a clever way around it, if a bit trickier than scanning the old photo straight into the pc - do you use a tripod? I am still of the opinion that the digital camera is the best invention in quite a while! I'm going through all my old photos now - lord knows why I kept some of them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #12

Since I don't have a scanner, or access to one, what I've learned works fairly well is to put the photo on the floor in bright sunshine, then take two pics, one at about 4 feet and then one with the closeup. One of them usually comes out reasonably OK. I can crop it and adjust brightness, etc in iPhoto. And by using the sun, the flash doesn't reflect off the photo and spoil it!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
04-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #13

oh what a beauty Dandy was.i just love to look back at pics of them when they were babys they seem to grow up far to quick